Look what I bought......

srdavo

Local time
4:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:11&Item=180068831259

been looking at Staton-inc for a long time. (mainly their gearbox/chaindrive setup)
I've heard the pros & cons about friction drive....so now I'm gonna know.
I have several bikes that can't wear a chinese engine. (I have a cruiser with 144 spoke wheels that will wear this once!) This thing looks like a no-brainer to install. can't wait.

Dave
aka ou812green :LOL:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
a new spare engine, u got a great deal...how come ya dint tell us you were bidding on that? :p

keep us posted 8)

sd i'm happy for ya hope you like I just wish i'd known you guys sooner I have detailed plans on how to build those friction drive kits----without the motor&cluch all the other parts can be gotten at auto parts store and home depot for about $40 and motors i've got them from Sears and Ace for $89 to $139 with the cluch......but I hope you are happy with it Staton-inc is the best by far and far less work

P.S. if you want i'll hunt around on my computer for some pics of how to mount a #41 44 tooth drive sproket on the 144 14ga spook wheels they even work on the fan type also

yes, Tom....this search box is my new gateway to
ebay!
Daveinblythe.....I would like to see how to mount a sprocket on some 144 spokes. I've got the 36 spoke job down now, but ya shoulda heard me the 1st time. I was cussin like a sailor! (sorry Augi....lol....laughing with you, i hope :LOL: )

also.... I'm a big recumbent fan. I have a bikeE. gotta be the most comfortable ride! airshock on the swingarm, 21 speed, (the top 2 I can only use on a good downhill) I've built a couple "no weld" recumbents from internet plans. 1 was front wheel drive. they were kinda fun but never really comfortable.
I really dig recumbent trikes.
check out this SUV

http://organicengines.com/lazy-index.php?file=SUV_and_Pedicab/SUV_mods/

Back