look what I got!!! 4-stroke powerplant :)

heck no, this topic is un-hijackable, it's just some general info/discussion...& i guess you're still officially the bigdawg 'round here til i actually get 'er dun.

it may not be long before i start posting either in "wild in the streets" because i'm gonna build it, or "buy/sell/trade" because my death-wish seems to have gotten weaker with age.

it may need rings or valve-work, altho it fired right up i think i shouldn't be able to turn the crank by hand so easily? anyway, a price-check would be appreciated, but it's not officially listed as available. if i decide to sell/trade i'll use the proper forum...don't want the moddies jumpin my butt :LOL: :LOL:

Augi, I am debating between Kawasaki, Wisconsin or Tecumseh engine :)

They are all about 130cc and making a extremely crazy whizzer power style. :eek:

You got me going and finding ideas now I cannot stop thinking about it dang it! You have warped my mind :LOL: :LOL:

haha
I know where that came from
there's a LBS me n vinnie go to not far from that address

ps...had my coffee now :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

122_Kronic_Signature_1.jpg

Are you still planning on taking Sabrina to iRide's? besides strecthing the frame to fit your yeti-sized self :p , are you going to need some specific frame reinforcements to let the bike handle that beast motor?

"There is no replacement for displacement."
Glenn Curtiss on 01/24/07, supposedly went 136.27mph on Ormand Beach, FL. As big as the engine is, it was rated at 40hp.

This was the top dog of days gone by. :eek: :)

1633_curtiss_1.jpg

Good luck on whatever you choose augi. But do remember that big single cyliner engines are shakers/vibrators.

You may want to add that was 1907.....yes "only" 40 horses, but a mountain of torque!

yes, i want to do the ride and modifications...if i decide i'm gonna use the wisconsin when i get back, i'll go for a beefier extension w/gussets all 'round the frame...otherwise i expect she'll be looking about the same.

closer measurement confirms 2 neat things:
1-it will fit
2-it sits so high that the pedal-crank passes under, so all i'd have to do is extend the pedals out

it's a wide load...before i get into a jack-shaft convo tho i better start thinking about rpm's & gearing...

so, what kind of rpm's does an engine like this produce?

augidog said:

so, what kind of rpm's does an engine like this produce?

most of those 4 stroke small engines are equipped with governors to limit them to around 3450-3600 RPM's....you can usually modify the governors to let them crank out about 3900, but anything much beyond that generally results in busted con rods and such.

thanks, mpg...so, mid 3k...yeah, it would be a real shaker & breaker. more food for thought.

EDIT: speakin' of food...i just burned another lunch..."ok, let's just look at the main index, don't forget the hot dogs. hey, mpg replied. let's just get a quick post in and...oh carp! the hot dogs!!!"

The only 4 stroke that I have seen that goes really above 3600 is the honda 50cc one. But 3600rpm needs to be torque converted anyway so they are plenty fast :D Small ones anyway.

Back