looking at getting the HD Bike Wheel and Axle Kit for my cranbrook

Its the rear dropout width in mm. The cranbrook has a 112mm dropout so the 135 will be a tight squeeze (gotta pull the dropouts apart) but will work. I have a 135mm wide rim on my cranbrook.

Its the rear dropout width in mm. The cranbrook has a 112mm dropout so the 135 will be a tight squeeze (gotta pull the dropouts apart) but will work. I have a 135mm wide rim on my cranbrook.
Cool. Thank for the help

If its for a 4 stroke bike I say go for it, if its for a 2 stroke pedal start bike forget about it. I tried that wheel on my 2 stroke beach cruiser thinking it would be more reliable than the rag joint sprocket clamp that comes with the kit on a stock wheel. Turns out if you try pedal starting a 2 stroke the sprocket will start to unscrew if you are using it without the disk brake adapter over the sprocket. With the disk brake adapter on it the hub was a real pain to fit in my dropouts. Also the drive sprocket doesn't align with the engine sprocket on a 2 stroke. You’ll need to get a freewheel sprocket to screw onto the right side of the hub which ends up adding another mm or 2 of with to a hub thats already too wide for a less than 135 dropout & sometimes doesn't align with the pedal chainring.

I found the rim to be a bit narrow making it a real pain to install or change tires even 1.95 wide tires were difficult to install on that wheel. The nuts & bolts that hold the sprocket on were pretty cheap so swap them out for better stainless steel ones because they strip easily. The spokes that wheel came with were pretty heavy duty though. Seems to be less than half of motorcycle quality spokes but more than half of standard bike quality spokes.

Back