Looking for a 44t freewheel axle

The sprocket is spot on but that hub.. well. Look at it.
It's only threaded on one side,yo.

I was rolling with Papausan today. He had his brother's trike towing his own.
He told me my back wheel is pretty wobbly.
I dunno if I can wait now for the right freewheel.
I use my bike every day,yo.
Maybe for now I can get my wheel trued.
I wonder how the bike mechanics would react to that sprocket on there though.
I may have to remove it and (gasp) dust the dirt off my truck so I can ride over there!
Naw. I'll take MOOP along with trailer!
I can see MOOP now parked next to those high dollar bikes.
20 bucks to true my wheel.
I'm gonna take off that sprocket just so there's no drama.
Yea I can do with the wheel truing for now. That way I can save up a bit better.
I REALLY want the Wheelman to get me my DREAM SET. Drum front wheel freewheel rear 10 or 9 gauge spokes I'll ship him the hub.
I look at it like this. If anything goes wrong to my truck like a starter that's a Ben Franklin. I replaced a radiator that was a Ben Franklin and three Tomas Jeffersons.
So I ride my bike to get me around EVERY DAY. I saved a hecklacious amount of money riding my bike.
It really would be nice never having to worry about bent rims again.
Even if some %$^(*& kicks it my local bike shop can fix it for a Tomas Jefferson.
I need to find a George Washington so I can fill up my tank tomorrow!
Wait. I'll need an Abraham Lincoln so I can get a gallon to mix for MOOP and get a George Washington in change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey LF

Did you find the freewheel you were looking for? Some European BMX or cruiser type bikes are left side drive. With left hand threaded freewheels. I know I've seen 20" in my LBS. They quoted me (about 18 months ago) about $30 for the left side freewheel.

The threads on freewheels/hubs are the same as bottom brackets. On AtomicZombie.com one guy made a thread cutter with a left side bottom bracket nut. They are hardened extremely well so you'll have to use a Dremel cutoff wheel to cut the cutting edges if you go this route. Just take a hub and use your homemade die to carefully cut left hand (26 tpi? 22 tpi?) threads on the off drive side.

Good luck.

Ted

Naw since discovering the joy of my front wheel drive buggy bike I'm getting my freewheel fix rather inexpensively. I'm sure by now that hub is available but with lacing a rim on it I just don't have the funds. But in any event, Cronus does well in it's current configuration.

Back