Looking for a bike

weefek

Local time
2:34 AM
You have a small frame with 26" wheels. You'd have to be nearly 7' tall to need a 26" bicycle frame. Though frame geometry can still differ; in general the seat tube length represents the frame size.

This frame calculator will let you know the perfect frame geometry for your particular body build if you had a custom frame made. Therefore when it comes to comfort one should try to get a manufactured frame as close as possible to their ideal frame geometry.

I'm just going off of the factory specs I was given, apparently I am egregiously wrong. I was under the impression that 26" frame is on the small side but I have no damn idea to be honest.

Sidewinder Jerry

Local time
I'm just going off of the factory specs I was given, apparently I am egregiously wrong. I was under the impression that 26" frame is on the small side but I have no damn idea to be honest.

Wheel size can be on almost any frame size. Department stores have put these labels out such as 26" bike instead of saying 26" tires or calling a bike a 24 speed instead of a 3×8.

If you go into a bicycle shop using department store labels; they'll instantly know you aren't a hard-core cyclist.🚲🚵‍♂️

weefek

Local time
I'm NOT a hardcore cyclist. At all. I've always had a bike but have never been hard core into it. My frame is on the small side. I've only seen wheel measurements usually but how does that equate to frame size?

Attachments

• 20220516_172541.jpg
    20220516_172541.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 37

Sidewinder Jerry

Local time
I'm NOT a hardcore cyclist. At all. I've always had a bike but have never been hard core into it. My frame is on the small side. I've only seen wheel measurements usually but how does that equate to frame size?
Measure the seat tube length. That's your frame size. I've had a 22" frame before with 26" wheels.

My current bike the Sidewinder has 26" wheels but only has a 17.5" frame. This bike is designed for someone around 5'10" tall at the most. I'm 6'2" so I raised the handlebar height to enable me to ride in an upright position instead of the traditional tripod position.