Looking for a long and skinny gas tank- see picture!

mechanicojoe

Local time
9:09 AM
hey guys,

I havent posted in a really.. really long time haha. But Im trying to find a gas tank like the one in the picture. Im having a hard time coming across one for sale online. Please look at the picture attached so you see what I mean. Thanks for any help i get!

Attachments

• 008-1.jpg
    008-1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 9,889
You might want to start looking for tanks from small-bore vintage road racers. Here's a tank from a 1962 Honda CR 110 that might work -

8yb69w.jpg

Fiberglass repros are still available from AirTech -

2md3x9t.jpg

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/vintagetanks.htm

for the bargain basement price of only $376.76. And the "Monza-style" flip-up gas cap is only $120 extra. Any motorcycle junk yards in your area?

BTW - I have a friend who does fiberglass work. Recently I loaned him one of my rare, original Bonanza mini-bike gas tanks and he splashed a mold off it and is producing some very nice repros. If you happen to find an interesting tank like this, let me know and we can crank them out by the dozens for a very reasonable cost. :D

hey guys,

I havent posted in a really.. really long time haha. But Im trying to find a gas tank like the one in the picture. Im having a hard time coming across one for sale online. Please look at the picture attached so you see what I mean. Thanks for any help i get!

Did you find the gas tank? Do you have a 1962 honda cr110? We have one and parts are difficult to find. pat@nyswonger.org

You might want to start looking for tanks from small-bore vintage road racers. Here's a tank from a 1962 Honda CR 110 that might work -

8yb69w.jpg

Fiberglass repros are still available from AirTech -

2md3x9t.jpg

http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/vintage/vintagetanks.htm

for the bargain basement price of only $376.76. And the "Monza-style" flip-up gas cap is only $120 extra. Any motorcycle junk yards in your area?

BTW - I have a friend who does fiberglass work. Recently I loaned him one of my rare, original Bonanza mini-bike gas tanks and he splashed a mold off it and is producing some very nice repros. If you happen to find an interesting tank like this, let me know and we can crank them out by the dozens for a very reasonable cost. :D[/QUOTE

Nice but I sure would never put that much in to a gas tank on a motor bike.

Back