Looking for a Solid Engine Kit

Pontiac787

Local time
7:32 AM
Hi All,

I'm thinking about starting a Stingray Chopper build and am trying to decide which engine kit to go with. I've seen the kits priced from under $200 (with no mount) to $530 for the PedalChopper version. Is there a happy medium or is the PedalChopper kit really worth the premium? I've also noticed that all the kits seem to be 66cc or larger. I'd like to to have the engine be <50cc so I can register it as a moped.

Thanks!

49cc and 66/80cc pretty much look the same. Also have the same top speed due to gearing unless you change the sprockets. The 49 just takes off slower. Only way to tell is compare two next to each other and measure the cylinder width.

Thanks all. Do you have any experience with the engine kits from Amazon? They sure do look similar to the kits from motorized bike websites like GasBike.com but are $50-$75 cheaper.

I'm thinking a 49cc engine kit coupled with an OCC Style mount and an exhaust from Barry007 on eBay.

The 49 cc motor makes a small wheeled bike go pretty quick.
If you buy an Amazon motor be prepared to go through it and check for any faults from the factory.

drill two holes in your frame to mount the engine.
NEVER drill holes into frame for engine mounting or even mount engine anywhere near drilled holes in frame.

The reason why i had to buy a new bike and engine setup back in may was due to the Huffy frame i used to have, had 2 holes drilled into the frame from the factory for mounting a water bottle if you had so wished to do so.

It was in the same spot where the rear engine mount was and i thought nothing of it.

THATS where the frame did a clean brake, starting at the factory drilled holes and worked their way around in two very neat and clean breaks.

Imagine if that was an amateur drilling and not a factory drill.

A metalurgist that works at one of the military bases operating drones and rockets took one look at it and declared Huffy "experts" to be absolute idiots as this weakens the entire frame and it did so in my case...DAMIEN

Thanks. I'm planning to use the PedalChopper style mount and hopefully Barry's exhaust.

Back