Looking for a suspension fork

Lukesky36

Local time
7:48 AM
i have a 1 1/8 rigid fork and i would like to put a suspension fork on it so i got one finding out that the threads where too high on the fork any suggestions on what too do?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Spacers work great if you can't get an exact fit. You have a threaded headset so that might be the quickest and cheapest route to go. My threads were over an inch too high so it would have cost me around 20 bucks in spacers or for them to cut it down and thread it further. I went across the street to a machine shop and had a spacer made for $10.

Spacers work great if you can't get an exact fit. You have a threaded headset so that might be the quickest and cheapest route to go. My threads were over an inch too high so it would have cost me around 20 bucks in spacers or for them to cut it down and thread it further. I went across the street to a machine shop and had a spacer made for $10.
i have around 6 1/2 inches to the bottom of the fork where the bottom bearing is to where the nut is. It is threaded also, the one i got the threads where way too high up for my bike

Are you able to return the forks? Steer tubes on forks come in different lengths and how far they are threaded. You could just exchange them for the proper length or switch to the threadless forks but you'll be into a new head set stem and the works. A spacer is your easiest option if you don't want to return them.

Are you able to return the forks? Steer tubes on forks come in different lengths and how far they are threaded. You could just exchange them for the proper length or switch to the threadless forks but you'll be into a new head set stem and the works. A spacer is your easiest option if you don't want to return them.
I already returned it today in fact i'm doing my research at the moment for another one that might just work im asking the seller for the thread hight from the bottom to the bottom of threads it says Steering Lenght 7 3/4 in and Threaded: 3in so it should go down to a 5 inch steerer tube https://www.ebay.com/itm/TOP-GUN-Fo...ver/232857510336?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but those forks are terrible. I just replaced mine with triple tree rigid forks. I thought those forks were great for about the first 100 miles then suddenly while doing about 50kmh the developed a wicked vibration and when I looked it looked like they were coming apart. Scared the ever living s**t outtake me. I took them all apart and found nothing wrong other than cheap springs. Put them back on and the same thing. Im not a huge fan of wiping out and getting run over by the car behind me so I went with the heavy duty triple tree forks.

Alright kinda figure they where the cheapys just trying to find one that will work at the moment i wouldn't mind threadless but im no sure how much it would take to convert it over. would this be the right direction on doing it ? https://www.ebay.com/i/263351212796?chn=ps

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I hear ya on wanting to save money. I tried and it cost me another set of forks. And I went threadless this time. Well you'll definately be into another headset and they come in different sizes for the 1&1/8 yours is probably the smallest one if it's a cheap bike. And you will need a new stem as well and spacers to set how high you want your stem. It's more money but in my opinion threadless is the way to go. Maybe check craigslist for some used rock shox

i found a 7.8 inch/200mm down to 5.9 inch 50mm thread i need 6 1/2 deep of thread .So this one will work for my bike if im going to stay threaded Link

Back