Looking for an engine with good aftermarket part support

pete8081

Local time
4:17 PM
Hello everyone, I am completely new to the motorized bike scene and wanting to build something fun and peppy. I am looking for some engines which have good after market part support as I like to tinker. I am looking for engines between 50 - 100 cc, budget isn't all too much of an issue, just want something with some good part support and options for aftermarket parts which is still compatible with most bike kits.

I was possibly looking at the "Thunder Shark Pro Racing 66cc/80cc Bicycle Engine Kit - 5.0 HP" from gasbike.net , however if somebody has a different recommendation for a different platform with better aftermarket support I'd like to see all options.

Thanks!

Last edited:
CDH Power has aftermarket parts for their engine kits. You can find parts for almost all 66/80cc engine kits on: amazon, ebay, mbrebel, boygofast and mzmiami. Check close the Dealer Reviews before buying an engine kit. mbrebel and bicycle-engines are good people.

I have the Thunder Shark engine. It's very cool looking but it has taken some work to get any performance out of it. I personally could not get the 21 mm knock off carb to tune. Had to replace with an authentic pwk. I added a windowed piston to work with the reed valve. Also I had to play with the timing. Also the engine comes mostly disassembled you you will need some building skills.

Back