Looking for and wondering how to obtain sponsorship for worlds fastest motorized bike

for you "eMB" enthusiasts...you're in good shape... www.saltflats.com has already addressed the issue of batteries on the flats, and they have handy info regarding types and handling, limitations, etc.

any motored biker who pays full fees for the "130mph club" gets a full turn. five one-mile runs in three days.

look at it this way, it's just like going to any "sports camp"...a way exciting but cheap vacation. kinda hot, tho...bring lots of water.

What about a 1/4 mile or 1/2 mile dragstrip. There is a NHRA strip close to where I live. I do not think it would be too hard to convince them to hold some kind of exibition race if there was enough interest. Maybe someone with the time could formulate the rules for a Drag Racing Association of Motoredbikes in America, or DRAMA. The name says it all. It would be a draw to see the battles between frame mount and rack mount, two stroke and four stroke....etc.
This way we can set the rules and with the availability of Drag tracks across the US that hold many local events during the NHRA off times, we would not have to wait for a once a year thing.
I only wish I had the time.......but there is an idea for anyone who wants to run with it.

mechanically, imo, dragracing unlimiteds would rock, but 1/4 mi on a regular class MB might just be a pedal-race.

world of speed is already organized...an event for all motored heads...truth be told, stan4d, it's why i obsess on it, it's one of those great ideas that somebody else already put into action.

drag-racing would be hot-stuff, as you say it needs organizing.

"seize the day" ...the world of speed is already a thing, the answer is "yes you can race here" and it has a reasonable pricetag.

Last edited:
thing is, i think all forms of competition are cool, i need no convincing...a misunderstanding...truly, i'm not saying the landspeed is "best" or even "better"...i'm saying it's something we could already be doing, while wait for someone to put together some dragracing :)

Last edited:
OK. I agree.....but for landspeed that takes us into an area I thought you were against. Are they going to be riding a motorized Bike or a miniature motor cycle? I prefer to match the performance of the rider and machine rather than let someone come up with a mechanical way to go fast with no input from the operator. No operator input makes me wonder if it is a motored bike or a motor cycle at that point. Not to take away from your record......but for one to blow the doors off of your record, would they be using a true motorized bike?

what the...? stan4d, the OP specifically addresses landspeed racing, of the kind i'm so not against...organized off-road. i'm pretty sure i've stayed on topic here ;)

Ok, I seemed to not have made my point clear. From reading it seems that I am the one who drifted off topic.
I should have made my original thought more clear. Which follows:

"To have a landspeed record for a motored bike it should be a motor assisted bike. That means that there must be operator input in some form to achieve the speed."

Again, your setup that you used is acceptable to me. One could add pedal gears to so that pedal assist could achieve higher speeds.

I apologize for not making my thought more clear in my earlier posts.

ah! well, maybe dan wright, lead tech inspector, knows a thing or two, and that's why he made the 60mph tire rule. and that's why we have to wear motorcycle-grade racing gear. organized, off-road, sanctioned, safe!

Back