Looking For Bike Suggestion

DistantWolrld101

Local time
3:54 PM
My Job has offered to pay half the amount on transportation in a non stupid range because they are tired of seeing me walk 3 miles to and from, so i decided to look into a E-bike but i can't decided so I COME HERE

i'm looking for a bike that's atleast 750W and can go 20+ Mph with just throttle would work decent in winter (Michigan weather) and handle rain

would be a BIG plus if it can make it 20Miles on just throttle for going to visit family and returning but if it can make it close i could charge while at the family's

Price range would like to see no higher then $1500.00 because $750 is still a-lot for a bike for me that is :p

i was looking at the velowave ranger since its for sale at $1399.00 but i don't know if there is something better

If the desire is 20mph, a 500W bike can achieve this on throttle only. A 750w can reach around 25-30mph.

Is there an opposition to pedaling? With pedal assistance most bikes in your price range can easily meet your range goal, and with the assistance of the motor the bikes are actually fairly easy to pedal.

I bring this point up because there are quite a few bikes out there that meet most of your requirements. The hangup is the battery capacity. A typical 20ah 48V battery is going to run around $550-600, which tends to bump the price of the bike up just outside of your price range. There are quite a few bikes with 13-15ah batteries that are well within your price range out there.

As for alternative options. This Himiway bike comes pretty close to checking all of the boxes.

This bike comes with a 20ah battery.

If the desire is 20mph, a 500W bike can achieve this on throttle only. A 750w can reach around 25-30mph.

Is there an opposition to pedaling? With pedal assistance most bikes in your price range can easily meet your range goal, and with the assistance of the motor the bikes are actually fairly easy to pedal.

I bring this point up because there are quite a few bikes out there that meet most of your requirements. The hangup is the battery capacity. A typical 20ah 48V battery is going to run around $550-600, which tends to bump the price of the bike up just outside of your price range. There are quite a few bikes with 13-15ah batteries that are well within your price range out there.

As for alternative options. This Himiway bike comes pretty close to checking all of the boxes.

This bike comes with a 20ah battery.
Yep, the Himiway checks some boxes not listed.
It has a heavy duty rack, and lights.

I love my mid-drive fatbike, and love I built it up myself, but if pricing was this good when I bought my stuff it’d be tempting.
But...I also like going 30+mph. My legs were built for a mid-drive.

added: a 500W hub is no slouch, my trike hits 25mph easily. A 750W hub with a configurable controller might outrun my mid-drive.

52v, 15AH batt, 750 watt motor.
Now get another battery..lets say 52v 25ah to put on there with one of the dual battery discharge balancers.

https://electricallwheel.com/store/

@ImpulseRocket89 i'm not against Pedals, i'm looking for just throttle specs because if it CAN do it on throttle then i know it can do more with pedal assistance also the reason i'm looking for 750W is because looking at the Laws of my state are mixed and match Some places say

It must have an electric motor of no more than 750 watts
and some say
It must have a 750 watt electric motor
then there is
class 1 2 3 law on .gov site that everything is the same except class three allows 28mph instead of 20 and class 3 isn't allowed on trails

butt IF a 500watt is legal in Mi and CAN DO the 20 mph throttle only ETC ETC then i'd be down for that also but if it's the same price as the 750 watts i might as well go for the 750W

also if it helps anyone i am a 200-220lb depending on the season >:3 90% of all travel i do is flat

That 750w will go 25mph if your display controller allows it That's really what that motor want's to do at max conditions

ok @Wrench out of the

velowave ranger, the Imren and the himiway that is posted if you where to choose one which would you choose.

also @HumanPerson thanks for the info about running multi bats together will look into this i've non stop been looking into things

Back