Looking for cheap sys. Wifes trike. Elec

Ok Allen, around 70.00 Ea. So it would be 280.00 for the four of them. Two for initial run and two for the back up system.
Thanks Allen
Doc

Wow, you must be looking for some range with those batteries. Maybe you should buy your wife some flowers just in case....(visions of self walking down the street pulling coaster wagon containing favortie teddy bear, two boxes of crackers, and a jar of peanut butter at 4 years old):D

Denny

LOL! ya Denny I got that picture. We live about eight or ten miles from 3 towns and a 20 mile round trip is gonna take 4- 12V cheapies. As you know Denny 12 Ah does not make 12 miles, especially on hilly terrain.
Hmm, flowers and candy and real dark sun glasses so she can't see me riding off in the sunset W/O her. Got possibilities.

Hey Dockspa1,

I would suggest that you try a pair of batteries first. I would bet that the set up I had would do the round trip of 20 miles. I just never had a chance to actually measure the range. If she has an eight hour shift, she should charge the batteries while at work for best results. No need to spend money buying two extra batteries you probably don't need. SLA's are best kept charged. Letting them sit in a discharged state will shorten their life. This is why I suggest that she charge it at work.

Later,

Allan Greenblazer

Yeah Green

I know what you are saying is true but for the cost of those wheelchair batteries, I can get 8 SLA 12V 7Ah but I ahould only need 4. We are both retired so no recharge midway.
Doc

Well, I bought it and it's on the way. From werelectrified.com after many hours of research, I have decided, over all this was the best deal out there so far.
Products
------------------------------------------------------
1 x BD24KIT (Brushed) *Special Offer* (BD24Kit) = $236.00
Size 24"
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $236.00
Federal Express (1 x 44lbs) (Home Delivery (4 days)): $31.99
Total: $267.99

I will have to get her 2 more batteries and a ampmeter but for the biggest bang for the buck, this is it. If the Greenblazer can do good on a 24V than this system should work.
Thanks to all ya'll for the help. Allen, I will keep my eye open for the big batteries!
Doc

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I got her up and running and I do have to say, it has more power than I was expecting. I had to torch, drill and bend but nothing too serious. I weigh 257lbs and it pulls me from a dead stop easy. My wife weighs less than 140 lbs so this will work out well.
They shipped it right on time but the only thing they don't do is answer any e-mails.
I sent 6 emails and got zero returns. They were supposed to send me a three ring crank for free because they ran out of the 12 Ah batteries but got nothing.
Still waiting for a reply.
Al, do you weigh around 220 lbs. Don't answer if you don't want to. Just trying to do some math.

Does anyone know if a deep cycle marine battery that is 24 Ah the same as a whelchair battery @ 24 Ah.
Is one better than the other?
Thanks again for all your help. All of you!

Man Al, I should be working the carni. circuit and make some money guessing weights. Ha Ha.
Any way, I bought a 20 Ah 24 volt (2-12 volt) Battery. got it for 48.00 + shipping, which was around 20.00 so 68.00 total and I can use her 7Ah batteries for emergencies. Should this make an average 16 mile round trip?

Back