looking for early style bike

N

nopedlenhere

I was surfing through the bike sites and i saw a bike that was very much like the early board walk racers...I think it was called their 1908 model..If anyone knows where to find this style bikes please drop me a note..thanks Bill :cool:

I think it's mostly the white tires, honestly.
Maybe a bit of the other parts.
You could paint any bike frame a dark color, then add leather saddle + white tires and you'd get pretty much the same look.

It's kind of funny how "black bike with white tires" evokes this, because if you look at modern (color) photos vintage examples (restored or unrestored) they came in a lot of different colors--but in the photographs, it's always black & white....
~

I was surfing through the bike sites and i saw a bike that was very much like the early board walk racers...I think it was called their 1908 model..If anyone knows where to find this style bikes please drop me a note..thanks Bill :cool:

It depends what you want to spend too - there is at least one frame-maker that do indian style drop-bottom frame (aka for the deep crankcase engines) but I would imagine they are expensive... and modern engines do look a little incongruous if you are after that sort of look I guess..

The other route is the cruiser type bike with a frame mount engine and maybe a GEBE type sheave & gear belt drive - I know they sell the clutch gear and replacement belts but I dont know if they sell the sheave separately

If you are alot richer than me do a seach on here re the Simpson series bikes.. .so far I think three models 08/09/10 which are designed and made by one of our contributors... :)

good luck with it :)

Jemma xx

Model 08 Racer

Hi Bill I have built a line of bikes, Model's 08,09, and 10. you can PM me here, email at mike@simpsonmotorbikes.com and can see my site to see if this is what you are searching out.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back