Looking for exhaust suggestions.

noah9988

Local time
6:06 AM
Hi. I'm looking for an exhaust for my YD100. I need one that's quiet and is a bolt on job (no, I will not buy a $175 mz65 or SBP). The speed demon seems like the way to go. I'm not looking for the best performance exhaust obviously, just one that is better than the stock one. The style and improved sound doesn't hurt either!

Are there any other options available that would be better? Because they are currently not in stock. Thanks.

They make the mz65 knock off pipe. But if you don’t wanna spend a bunch of money. That’s maybe your best bet. But if you want actual performance. Your gonna need a a true expansion chamber. Like that 175 dollar mz65 pipe or a a dirt bike exhaust. And your gonna have to chop it up to make it fit. And that one off eBay your talking about did not just bolt up to either of my bikes. I had to heat up and bend a take and chop it up and reweld to make fit really good.

did not just bolt up to either of my bikes
That sucks. Now I don't want to risk buying one... Anyway, the knock offs do provide a performance increase right? I've read a bit about expansion chambers and it seems overly complicated. The mz65 and knock offs don't look that much different, I find it hard to believe that it could be a dramatic performance increase.

Also there's the issue of those pipes blowing out my eardrums...

Well from bolting up one of those knock offs. I mean. I did make it a little more zippy over the stock exhaust you get in the kits. But putting on the actual mz65 woke the bike up and changed the power band completely.

Well from bolting up one of those knock offs. I mean. I did make it a little more zippy over the stock exhaust you get in the kits. But putting on the actual mz65 woke the bike up and changed the power band completely.
Well, I'm going to run the stock exhaust for now. In the future I'll get the mz65. No point in getting a shoddy knock off.

Do you think I'll need to up jet my carb for it?

I got the zeda 100 kit, it's the stock one with the red plastic. Not 100% sure what it's called, might be the new style nt.

That sucks. Now I don't want to risk buying one... Anyway, the knock offs do provide a performance increase right? I've read a bit about expansion chambers and it seems overly complicated. The mz65 and knock offs don't look that much different, I find it hard to believe that it could be a dramatic performance increase.

Also there's the issue of those pipes blowing out my eardrums...
I just switched from an MZ65 copy to an authentic MZ65 off ebay for $160. Dude, make the investment....worth every penny!. SUPER torque low end, very smooth acceleration from stop to WOT and power increase that will blow your mind!!

Back