looking for info on reverse operation

anthony pedregon

Local time
7:36 AM
whats up im new here from SGV CA. i found this forum on dragonfly75.com. its a great site with a lot of great info. i have a phat cycle XR1 i want to mount a 80/66cc motor on. im really interested in reveresing the operation of the 2 stroke motor can yall share with me any information you might have on this subject. thank you.

Yes it is no problem to run a 2 stroke in reverse. Usually if you push them in reverse they will start in reverse but timing will be off a little. Key the rotor (because we can't move the stator on these) to the right timing and it will run in reverse. I have not done it to a 80/66cc motor, but I have incidentally run bikes and snowmobiles and outboard motors in reverse. What do you have planned for that?

Steve

i have a phat cycle XR1 its a nice chopper bicycle. i would love to attach a motor system to it but i really dont like how the exhaust exits towards the front of the cycle and the intake towards the rear. i would prefer them to be switched. which is why i ask. when you say reverse the jug does that mean "engine block" ?

That I can not help you with, never tried it. I do not think you can do it without some machining done to the cylinder ports.
Mr. Butre or someone that knows this stuff, I am sure will help you. Keep looking up! Ken.

you could, but it won't run too good then. you need to carve away some aluminum so the ports on the top end match up with the ports on the bottom end.

reversed jug has some advantages and disadvantages. the most notable advantages are cold air intake and a straight flowing exhaust, but they tend to overheat more easily on account of the hottest part of the engine (exhaust port) not getting direct air flow.

Back