Looking for Mitsubishi TLE43 Parts and spec.s

K

kenspice

Looked in this forum and all over the internet but cannot find a diagram or parts breakdown of the mitsubishi TLE 43cc engine. Any help? Also, any good or bad points on it? How does it compare to the Tanaka 40?

I haven't tried Tanaka but parts and info are available through Tanaka's web site. The TLE43 is a great little engine, good power, super quite and reliable. Info and parts are a different matter. I did find the owners manual with a section in English, no exploded parts diagram. David Staton and Visa Motors both sell the engine and parts, how many parts, I don't know.

I requested specs for the TLE43 from David Staton (where I bought mine) last spring. Got no reply.

Hi Kerf and Alaskavan,
I found a M TLE43 on sale at VizaMotors.com for $188.00. Sounded like a real good price and shipping is CHEAP. Japanese brand and bigger than the Japanese Tanaka40 and comes WITH THE 76mm CLUTCH! Some VERY well known dealers want close to $350.00 or more for the two (Tanaka40 eng + clutch). This of course does not include the kit, but I already have the GEBE kit so I only need the motor. I have been told that I would need to buy a clutch too because the clutch that is on the Subaru 35 I presently own, "wears in different" for different engines. hmm. GEBE wants $75 just for the clutch and the 43 comes with a clutch. I have been very satisfied with the service and availability of parts and info from GEBE so that may still be the way to go. I'll have to think about that. $201.00with shipping versus $354.00 with shipping. I will only use the 2 stroke while hunting the mountains and will need to carry a bigger load. I wish GEBE sold the 43 also. Oh,well....

Clutch housing compatible with GEBE?

Great price on the Mitsubishi tle 43!

Will that engine with the clutch from Viza mount to the GEBE system? To use the GEBE mount, do you need to buy the clutch housing from GEBE?

The TLE43 should mount to any 78mm clutch housing. The engine will come with a two shoe clutch rotor but no housing. There are many housings on the market cheaper than $75 but I don't know the compatibility with GEBE.

Looked in this forum and all over the internet but cannot find a diagram or parts breakdown of the mitsubishi TLE 43cc engine. Any help? Also, any good or bad points on it? How does it compare to the Tanaka 40?

VIZA also sells quite a few TLE43 parts. (They offer the TLE43 as an engine option on their V2 scooter)

The TLE43 comes with just the shoes but will bolt right up to the GEBE clutch (containing the clutch drum) with 4 Allen head bolts. What I am really looking for is the TLE's internal parts list, mostly for comparison with the Tanaka and other similar 2 strokes. The 4 allens, the throttle, the fuel lines and kill wires are the only conections to the engine. There is no gasket on the (dry) clutch to engine face. One small item that helps with the removal and reasembly of the engine is to drill a 5/16 hole in the clutch mount bracket in line with the lower left allen screw. Drilling that hole, in my opinion, greatly facilitates removing and replacing that allen screw and will in no way weaken the thick clutch mounting bracket. Ken

I've never been very successful finding parts for the TLE43. Visa handles some and David Staton tells me that he has parts, but I find few on his site. On the other hand, after three years I haven't needed any. There isn't much you can do in the way of mods due to the Strata Charged induction system. One thing that helped mine was removing the spark arrestor screen. It had a tendency to 4 stroke at cruise, maybe a little rich, but removing the screen helped.

Back