Looking for source for skip tooth chain

Whizzerd

Local time
7:23 PM
A used bike dealer I just met is trying to find chain to fit a '49 Monarch bicycle with skip tooth chainring/sprocket. I offered to help. Any advise is appreciated.

Very expensive, and hard to find. There was one on Ebay a few weeks ago and was over $100.00. The last one I found [3 years ago] was $59.00 and ordered via a local bicycle shop and was the Diamond brand.

Have fun,

Your best bets for a skip-tooth (or one inch pitch) chain would be either Memory Lane Classics ( www.memorylane-classics.com ) or through eBay. In either case it is likely to be costly, as Diamond discontinued production of skip-tooth chains around four years ago and prices have been steadily climbing since.
Looking at the double pitch single strand (on teh link you posted), it is not quite the correct configuration and likely won't work.

Last edited:
skip link chain

check the Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange

thecabe.com

register, and you can look at the buy/sell/trade page

I've often seen skip link parts and chains there--seems the avg price is $35-50 for a chain.

Yep, E Bay will most likely have what you need. May need to check back at different dates, though. Getting harder && harder to find ! Sometimes there is a used one for sale,,, but be careful. May be too worn out, not long enough, etc., etc.

Back