Break In Looking for tips, New Build

Exciting update! I switch the clip to top notch, double checked that everything was tight, and with minor pedaling to assist went right up both hills by me(I am on a corner with a hill both way, kinda like a small valley). I finally felt like it was time to put that 49cc plate and the lights on it. Now has LED head, tail, and Green frame lights. Once I install the brakes(should be here tomorrow) I'll be ready to roll! Thanks again for all the help! I will try to remember to grab some pics with the lights/plate after dark.

Exciting update! I switch the clip to top notch, double checked that everything was tight, and with minor pedaling to assist went right up both hills by me(I am on a corner with a hill both way, kinda like a small valley). I finally felt like it was time to put that 49cc plate and the lights on it. Now has LED head, tail, and Green frame lights. Once I install the brakes(should be here tomorrow) I'll be ready to roll! Thanks again for all the help! I will try to remember to grab some pics with the lights/plate after dark.
Well that is good news. I thought this may very well be the case. When you get the new 6cc head you should see a increase of 15 to 20 lbs. of compression which will further aid in your hill climbing abilities.
I would recommend you get a good expansion chamber. As extremodd said it will vastly improve your all around performance. If the mz65 is unobtainable the cdh66 will be the next best pipe on the market unless you have some welding/fabrication skills available. If you have or know someone who has welding/ fabrication skills there are scooter pipes on the market being used by some of the builders on this site that are better than both the aforementioned pipes. With a good pipe their really is a night and day difference.
With the changing of the needle causing such improvement I'm lead to think that possibly further down jetting may also be needed, but to do so without already having the new head and pipe would be counter productive. Glad things are better. Happy riding.

I am currently using a Demon Muffler with Expansion Chamber, also what is the bolt on the muffler? Is that for baffles?

I am currently using a Demon Muffler with Expansion Chamber, also what is the bolt on the muffler? Is that for baffles?View attachment 88910

In the stock assembly, that would be what holds the end cap on, allowing you to clean it out, and maybe some simple mods. In this case (since that end cap is welded shut), it’s really just maybe now a convenient anchor point for a support/clamp, nothing more.

I am currently using a Demon Muffler with Expansion Chamber, also what is the bolt on the muffler? Is that for baffles?View attachment 88910
If you look at the stock 1 it too will have such a bolt. It's just to hold the end cap on. In the case of the 1 pictured they just use it to hold the cap in place till welded. These have slightly noticeable improvement over stock. nothing compared to the pipes mentioned earlier.
That's funny.

If it is hot, nothing lubricates better than an oil that contains some castor oil. I use a mix of 80% synthetic and 20% pure degummed castor oil and have had the engine glow cherry red without seizing and is still in operation today after 8 years of use with only one change of piston rings over the course of thousands of miles.

Pure synthetic oil cannot compete with the lubricating property of a syn/blended castor oil and nothing protects better against an inadvertent lean condition caused by a failed intake gasket or other issue.

32:1 is all you need to use even for break in.

So today I added single lever(dual cable) caliper brakes and my improv engineered air horn which is quite loud. I covered the clear air hose with a cable gaurd for better look. I also have a plan to make the air pressure source smaller, easier to use, and possibly louder but haven't tested it yet. I rode over 2 miles today and only light peddling on a few hills. Lost speed and had to walk it up the steepest hill by my house. All things considered it's going well.

Back