Looking for Whizzer Repair/Service in Ohio

BushkuhlLucas

Local time
1:00 AM
Hello ladies and gentleman,

Can anyone direct me in the direction of someone who would tune up and or repair my whizzer in ohio? Im located in Tiffin, Ohio 44883. I have tried memory lane classics, and mike from whizzer works to no avail. The only people i can find to work on them only work on the vintage whizzers. I am in desperate need of some help, and to find someone to give the bike a once over and fix any other issues that i may be having!!! I am more than willing to travel and to pay appropriately!!!

But, Im new to the forums here. Ive been around the block a few times with motorized bicycles, and now i have stepped up the the Whizzer level.

I just purchased my first real whizzer on friday. It is a 2002 whizzer pacemaker 2.

I found it in michigan and bought it from an old guy who bought it to put on the back of his RV, but he couldn't lift it up and down so it sat in his garage for years upon years until now!!

It has 152 ORIGINAL MILES!!!! WHAAAAT!!! It is in MINT condition and looks like it should be on the showroom floor.

Now to the nitty gritty,

she ran sub par when i got her, and i figured it was because she sat for so long.

I have since cleaned the carb, drained tank and put new gas in, got a new spark plug, changed oil, and tightened everything up to the specs outlined in the whizzer dealer repair manual.

now......

I cannot seem to get the carb tuned correctly, I've always been bad with carbs, but i just can't get it. The air screw is 1 1/2 turns out as the manual says is a good starting point, and i have the needle on the recommended notch, one from the bottom.

I have moved the needle around and adjusted the screw multiple times with the needle in different positions, and the engine has a Very slow start while bogging down, she won't really start moving unless i pull the clutch in part way to take strain off the engine. Once she gets moving it seems ok, i can hit around 30-35 but it takes a long time and there seems to be no ass behind it.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!!! I will post pics of her soon!!!

thank you all, heres to the start of a lot of questions and answers on this forum....thanks guys!!!

Greetings, and welcome to the hobby. That's a great bike to start with. As for carburetor adjustment and settings there can be many variables. The first suggestion I would offer would be that the needle should be one notch from the top...not bottom. You are probably running way too rich at that setting.

Back