looking to build a really kick a** bike probably 125 cc or something wondering if there is any actual good motors

Way more reliable and powerful than a chinadoll engine thats for sure. You'll have to fabricate your own mounts to get it to fit on your bike. Another option is the minarelli hybrid engine. It'll get you over 60mph with the right pipe and carb.
How is liquid cooling on an everyday rider? What are these high end type of engines called?

How is liquid cooling on an everyday rider? What are these high end type of engines called?
For a liquid cooled,you'd need a liquid cooled cylinder like an am6 but the just don't bolt on s China girl bottom end it needs alot of work and the right stroke crank. Plus you'll need a rad,thermostat and waterpump and a power source to run the pump. Its alot of work but guys are doing it. The engine I linked is called a minarelli hybrid.

well if money isnt an issue these guys have some good quality engines.

.... Wow! A 9hp air cooled 50cc 2 stroke!?! Nearly 4-5 times as powerful as the cheap chinese 50cc 2 strokes that come in 98% of the kits, and is on my bike now tbh.

It appears to be the same weight too... Seriously I'm tempted to build a NICE bike around one of those once I have the workspace to do so.... My current one is built on a walmart bike in my apartment closet lol. It really doesn't feel safe having any more HP than I currently do on my cruiser bike lol.

Attachments

• 1460836093457.jpg
    1460836093457.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 225
.... Wow! A 9hp air cooled 50cc 2 stroke!?! Nearly 4-5 times as powerful as the cheap chinese 50cc 2 strokes that come in 98% of the kits, and is on my bike now tbh.

It appears to be the same weight too... Seriously I'm tempted to build a NICE bike around one of those once I have the workspace to do so.... My current one is built on a walmart bike in my apartment closet lol. It really doesn't feel safe having any more HP than I currently do on my cruiser bike lol.
You put one on your bike? How fast does it go? Is it hard to start? What size sprocket do you have? Is it practical?
Or did you just mean you had a chinese one? Could not tell with the wording...

You put one on your bike? How fast does it go? Is it hard to start? What size sprocket do you have? Is it practical?
Or did you just mean you had a chinese one? Could not tell with the wording...

Oh no no no, sorry I didn't mean to imply that 9hp monster of a motor is on my bike. I got one of those cheap chinese ones, I was lamenting that my bike frame, wheels, brakes all of it is totally unworthy of a 9hp engine.

From looking into that 9hp engine it requires you to really custom build a mounting bracket for it as it's not a kit designed to motorize a regular bicycle but rather intended for board track racers built from the ground up. It's got a cickstarter on it so I doubt it would fit with regular pedals. The carburetors are also MASSIVE So there needs to be a lot of thought how to fit that thing in a frame.

I dream of building a bike just for one of those engines one day. Part of that will be trying to figure out a multi gear + derailer system for the chain. 9hp with a 60 lb bike or so (the motor is 16 lbs alone) and a multi gears you should be able to get up to 75 on that thing (or faster.) Imagine how absurdly fast that is on such a light vehicle.... Though I wonder if a heavy chain like the 415 motorcycle chain that we use would even function well with a derailing gear shift system.... hrmm...

Oh no no no, sorry I didn't mean to imply that 9hp monster of a motor is on my bike. I got one of those cheap chinese ones, I was lamenting that my bike frame, wheels, brakes all of it is totally unworthy of a 9hp engine.

From looking into that 9hp engine it requires you to really custom build a mounting bracket for it as it's not a kit designed to motorize a regular bicycle but rather intended for board track racers built from the ground up. It's got a cickstarter on it so I doubt it would fit with regular pedals. The carburetors are also MASSIVE So there needs to be a lot of thought how to fit that thing in a frame.

I dream of building a bike just for one of those engines one day. Part of that will be trying to figure out a multi gear + derailer system for the chain. 9hp with a 60 lb bike or so (the motor is 16 lbs alone) and a multi gears you should be able to get up to 75 on that thing (or faster.) Imagine how absurdly fast that is on such a light vehicle.... Though I wonder if a heavy chain like the 415 motorcycle chain that we use would even function well with a derailing gear shift system.... hrmm...
I like this, but id think that you gotta get yourself a really strong derailer for that.

Imagine this. BMX bike, frame fully modded and cut to fit the engine while retaining its compact size and shape, custom mounted as you said, fat (not FAT fat but just fat) wheels and tires, protective foam shields on the inside of the tires to prevent flats, suspension front forks, front and maybe rear hydraulic disk brakes, springy leather seat, anti vibration grips. as for the engine, this. http://www.denardisengines.com/rev50.html or any dirt bike engine with a trans in it. too big for a bmx? Think again about the frame cutting, the possibilities are limitless. maybe some wider pedals too. then a heavy ass chain and like a 32 tooth sprocket. thoughts?

Back