Looking to purchase a 4 stroke kit....WHICH ONE AND WHY

Zcw1

Local time
5:52 PM
Hello I am looking to buy a 4 stroke kit. Can someone please recommend a reliable kit & one that parts can easily be sourced.......thanks

A Huasheng 142f 49cc 4 stroke motors are pretty small and can easily fit into a beach cruiser frame If you have 10-12 inches of clearance in height and length in your bike frame. Parts and some alternative upgrades like tailpipes and different transmissions can also be found online.

A 4 stroke horizontal shaft 79cc harbor freight predator engines (or copy cats like 79cc monster 80/90) can also fit within these dimensions with the main difference that it is longer than it is taller.

The Huasheng 142f or other engines from the same series are easier to put together and cost less but their clutches arent very reliable if you even think about being over weight, very cheap, small and weak clutches!

The Harbor Freight predator engines are more powerful and have much better clutches but they are harder to work with and more expensive, they can also probably be found and bought in person if you live near a Harbor Freight store...at least the larger ones, dont know about smaller ones.

These are the only two motors I have experience working with but the Huasheng was by far much easier to assemble and I got it put together in a week as a beginner.

Let's start with what you're seeking in a build. Such as front, mid or rear mount; friction or chain drive, single ratio drive or multiple ratio drive etc.

Back