Looking to rope my buddy into gas bikes.

GW's Motorized

Local time
10:10 PM
So my best friend's birthday is coming up. I want to get him a kit for a bike so he'll ride with me. Are there any good engines that are cheap on Amazon?

I was thinking of spending the 200 bucks for the zeda 80 for him, but I'm a little shy on cash.

There are a few of the cheap kits on ebay that others have linked in the past in the $100-ish range. Search Cheap Engine Kit on the site and you will probably find a couple.

For my 2 cents, there is a Triple 40 engine offered by B-E.com called the Silver Slant, and it's basically an unbadged Triple 40 with all of the improvements seen on the Zeda 80, but with more basic kit goods. It does come with a good 415HD chain the same as all of their other kits, including my Phantom, that is worth a bit It's only $150 at the moment.

Are you a good friend? Buying a cheap kit is like you want to torture him. There's 2 ways of looking at it I suppose. You're buying him a kit to learn on and repair/upgrade, or you're buying him a kit to install and ride on. I know money is an issue, think which you'd prefer and why. Go from there, you are a good friend for caring.

What I meant by cheap was something that I can buy around 150. That's why I was looking at a zeda, it's a bit expensive for my wallet at the moment.

For my 2 cents, there is a Triple 40 engine offered by B-E.com called the Silver Slant, and it's basically an unbadged Triple 40 with all of the improvements seen on the Zeda 80, but with more basic kit goods.........It's only $150 at the moment.
What Rocket just said sounds perfect for your price range and at least it is a Zeda.

What I meant by cheap was something that I can buy around 150. That's why I was looking at a zeda, it's a bit expensive for my wallet at the moment.
Don't forget the shipping if $150 is the total you want to spend. I think it was about $25.00 or so on my Zeda 80 I bought last year.

My buddy unfortunately asked me not to when I told him that's what I wanted to get him. He told me he probably wouldn't use a mb too often and he didn't want it to sit.

So, it turns out that my friend did want a kit, he just didn't want me to spend the money on one for him. So here soon once I have the money saved back up I'll order him the silver slant and help him build a bike. I should have bought it for him anyway because it is no longer on sale

Back