Loose brake caliper side pull arm?

Local time
9:03 AM
Here's a video so you guys can see better:

I have a dual pivot side pull caliper for my front brake on my beach cruiser, specifically a Tektro C326. The arm in the front has developed some play and whenever I hit the brakes the pads want to "walk" onto the tire, which obviously I don't want. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm guessing a bolt is loose somewhere, but I can't figure out where.

I tried tightening the hex bolt on the arm, but that just makes the arm not want to move and does nothing to affect the play. Any suggestions?

Your video was to short to see exactly what is going on there. If you could show us a full view of the caliper and then the activation, someone will be able to get you going.

Here's a video so you guys can see better:

I have a dual pivot side pull caliper for my front brake on my beach cruiser, specifically a Tektro C326. The arm in the front has developed some play and whenever I hit the brakes the pads want to "walk" onto the tire, which obviously I don't want. Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm guessing a bolt is loose somewhere, but I can't figure out where.

I tried tightening the hex bolt on the arm, but that just makes the arm not want to move and does nothing to affect the play. Any suggestions?

Yeah I was going to say your pivot bolt or your pivot bushing is bad, or the wrong pivot bolt. My brakes like that have a replaceable brass bushing where the arms pivots. The other thing I've seen is the wrong pivot bolt installed from the factory. It should be a shoulder bolt with shims on each side of the pivot bolt & the shims set your play like your video shows.

Back