loose rattling noise

Toby woodman

Local time
10:24 AM
I've got a new 66cc kit, the engine seems great, and all the kit components are good quality, However, there is a nasty knocking and rattling noise coming from the engine, when I hold the kill switch and drop the clutch, it makes a sound that can be described by sounding like there is a loose ball bearing in the crankcase, it runs great, but the noise comes and goes, for a few minutes, the noise was really bad, and then it went back to being quieter, but still there. So far I have taken the side covers off, inspected and greased it all, the chain is tight and its not anything on the bike, because it only happens when the bike is pedalled with the clutch out. What could it possibly be?

the screw was in the right place, the cutch pressure plat is not warped and the gears are greased, what could it be?

the screw was in the right place, the cutch pressure plat is not warped and the gears are greased, what could it be?
The clutch plate sits on the spring and if the clutch isn't adjusted properly the plate will rock and cause some noise. Go through the adjustment again to eliminate that aspect of the tune.

chain chain makes the normal rattling noise, but the engine makes an irregular pinging noise

The clutch plate sits on the spring and if the clutch isn't adjusted properly the plate will rock and cause some noise. Go through the adjustment again to eliminate that aspect of the tune.
how can I post a video of the noise, I have got a video of the noise at idle

"when I hold the kill switch and drop the clutch, it makes a sound that can be described by sounding like there is a loose ball bearing in the crankcase".
Why are you holding in the kill switch when trying to start it? Since it makes the noise while pulling in the clutch only, not just idling. I'd suspect the clutch being the culprit. Above posts have good info.

Back