losing my license so i became interested

1room42

Local time
3:36 PM
about a year ago i witnessed an accident in my hine sight so i pulled over to find out that i was the reason. i went through court and trial by jury and found guilty of a brakecheck. are you kidding me! guy behind me loses control of his car to avoid hitting me because i hit my brakes to avoid hitting traffic in front of me. over $10,000.00 in fines,100hrs comunity service,i have to attend anger management, 4 years of probation, and i lose my license for 6 months. so now im interested in a new sport. i ordered a kit from ebay and cant wait for it to arrive!

bummer of a deal. no DL was my original reason for MB's 5 yrs ago. lots of guys here for that same reason. now youre ONE OF US :)
welcome

Hmmm, unless I'm missing something here, there seems to be another regulation that is distorted to suit some one's convenience. I was always informed that the following vehicle has the liability of maintaining control of his vehicle so as not to hit the person in front of him. Could get sticky in a multivehicle crash....but sounds suspicious......I think it is called tail gating.

Right, if I understand what happened, he braked to avoid something in front of him, and the following driver lost control and hit another vehicle. I see that as the following driver failing to maintain control of his vehicle. Legally, you are supposed to adjust your following distance to compensate for speed, traffic, road conditions etc. Unless I misinterpret what happened, he (or you if you are reading this) should not have been cited. Oh well, justice can be strage sometimes. :whistle:

By the way, I am forgetting my manners....welcome to the forum, and enjoy

welcome
and I have seen in the past a few license issues up close myself
good luck
I did a LOT of homework a couple of years ago now
regarding riding a motorized bicycle without a drivers license

note
some states allow riding a MB without a drivers license
unless ones license was suspended

others don't care

some places it seems do not like MB's no matter what

and it goes on and on

as we ride those things

Welcome to this place! I am sorry to hear of your conditions leading you to this awesome forum. I am sure you will enjoy yourself here though.

Welcome. I also began riding because I lost my license. Be careful and check with your local dmv about licensing and registration. What ever they tell you, get it in writing. I learned the hard way. In louisiana the law basicly is that if it has wheels and a motor , you need a license to put it on the road.

Back