Losing power

HarryO4

Local time
5:25 AM
Recently bought a used 66cc bike online. Gave it a tune up and fixed the chain brakes and new carb. I took it for a ride and the muffler fell off. Prior to that i could max out around 32mph. Ordered a new muffler and it now goes 18mph and bogs down. I took the muffler off and rode it around the block and it ran great. It topped out at 28mph but the idle was crazy high when the clutch was engaged. There are no vacume leaks and it does not appear to be running lean. Any help would be great.

I once got a muffler that had a bit of the plastic wrapping torn off and stuck inside. Barely ran.

Just removed the baffle and checked the muffler and did not see anything obstructing flow. Stuck a wire through and it was definetly clear. Any other suggestions?

either something else happened to it while you were working on it, or that muffler could still be bad - usually, one can't push a wire all the way through or take out the baffles, so you should send a pic of the muffler you have

best thing would be to try a different muffler if someone near you has one you could borrow for a test

It could be you have a dirty air filter I got to wash mine in clean gas almost every gallon mix to keep it at top performance.

Also check your tire pressure might be too low you can pickup 3 to 5 MPH on just filling the tires.

Check your plug gap they burn out heat will damage them maybe you need a new plug.
Maintance!

Back