Loss of power at a loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got the bullet train electric start 2 stroke.
Out of the box I would hit 32 with the 56 tooth sprocket and tons of power up hills.
i flushed the 4 stroke oil and put in fresh oil.
I seem to lose a little power every day. I noticed it was getting oil dripping from somwhere and it was getting on the starter and the side the motor. I think it was from the exhaust so i replaced the copper ring with a new one. I tried to go leaner on the fuel and no help. New plug no help. Not sure what it could be. Any idea? Anyone?
the exhaust flange could be warped and its not properly sealing, ie the exhast flange looks like this ) instead of this I
to remindy this take a pair of pliers and gently pry it untill the flange holes are a bit more bent than the center, ie similer to this (

and loctite you bolts, use the blue stuff

and that exhuast leak could be messing with the air fuel mix causing it to loose preformence

hope this helps!

B6hs NGK is a wonderful spark plug btw. What spark plug did you use when you replaced the other one?
[/QUO
the exhaust flange could be warped and its not properly sealing, ie the exhast flange looks like this ) instead of this I
to remindy this take a pair of pliers and gently pry it untill the flange holes are a bit more bent than the center, ie similer to this (

and loctite you bolts, use the blue stuff

and that exhuast leak could be messing with the air fuel mix causing it to loose preformence

hope this helps!
The flange is the part on the exhaust that holds the muffler on right?

Ok. I thought it was a little bent. I had thought that just tightening the bolts caused it but your saying it should be that way. Maybe even more than i had noticed. It was very slightly bent.

I
Ok. I thought it was a little bent. I had thought that just tightening the bolts caused it but your saying it should be that way. Maybe even more than i had noticed. It was very slightly bent.
Leaned out the fuel to less rich and it is running much better after I switched to hp carb and cleaned out exhaust. Still 4 stroking a little on top end. Ordered New jets to try and lean out carb. Thanks for the help.

In a perfect world it should be straight and should seal up fine, but its a cheap kit, i would put a bend in it and it should seal it up fine!

No problem it's the first person I helped and the forum gave me an achievement for first post 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back