Loss of power at a loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kman123

Local time
4:04 PM
So I got the bullet train electric start 2 stroke.
Out of the box I would hit 32 with the 56 tooth sprocket and tons of power up hills.
i flushed the 4 stroke oil and put in fresh oil.
I seem to lose a little power every day. I noticed it was getting oil dripping from somwhere and it was getting on the starter and the side the motor. I think it was from the exhaust so i replaced the copper ring with a new one. I tried to go leaner on the fuel and no help. New plug no help. Not sure what it could be. Any idea? Anyone?

15627557613792008947092.jpg

Check the exhaust next and see if it's plugged. On my dirt bike (which I know isn't the same as these motors but same principle) was packed with oil and it killed power. I'd just see how the airflow is through the pipe

Also if that doesn't do anything run it without the end cap. What ratio are you mixing at?

Also if that doesn't do anything run it without the end cap. What ratio are you mixing at?
25/1 mix ratio. Motor only has about 100 miles on it so far. I cut out the baffel and power did increase but that was before i started to lose power. I read that the cadilatic converter xould be clogged. Seems strange that these bikes would have one. I cleaned carb up real good but nothing. Now its 4 stroking on full throttle. Still stumped?

25/1 mix ratio. Motor only has about 100 miles on it so far. I cut out the baffel and power did increase but that was before i started to lose power. I read that the cadilatic converter xould be clogged. Seems strange that these bikes would have one. I cleaned carb up real good but nothing. Now its 4 stroking on full throttle. Still stumped?
Check the exhaust next and see if it's plugged. On my dirt bike (which I know isn't the same as these motors but same principle) was packed with oil and it killed power. I'd just see how the airflow is thro
Check the exhaust next and see if it's plugged. On my dirt bike (which I know isn't the same as these motors but same principle) was packed with oil and it killed power. I'd just see how the airflow is through the pipe
Could it be clogged somewhere before baffle cap?

It might be pull it off the jug and use an air pump to get some air through it. If also move the needle one clip leaner if it's 4 stroking.

Did some research... try pulling off the pipe and running it. If it runs better it might be lean. Also your mix is fine and shouldn't mess up the motor.

B6hs NGK is a wonderful spark plug btw. What spark plug did you use when you replaced the other one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back