Loss of power no solution

Trust me here you will thank me. Take the muffler off and dremel the part that attaches to the engine to match as much as you can without making the metal too thin. Do the same to your seal too. And cut an extra two inches off the bottom of the muffler to straight pipe the engine. The amount of torque you get from that is crazy. Its almost as good as putting an expansion chamber on the engine. It wont blow your engine up either, but Id run just barely more oil, and high octane gas. If that doesnt 300% fix it. drill a 1/4in hole the back of the plastic on the carb behind the probaly sponge air filter to let in more air in. And if that doesnt fix it. Then go to a smaller jet. If it did fix it, adjust the clip again anyways to see if you get even more top end out of it. After fixing the current problems. Just straight piping the muffler will increase your torque dramatically and with these two strokes it wont hurt them anymore than the extra power of an expansion chamber. Itll shake a little less untill youre redlining the engine too

Trust me here you will thank me. Take the muffler off and dremel the part that attaches to the engine to match as much as you can without making the metal too thin. Do the same to your seal too. And cut an extra two inches off the bottom of the muffler to straight pipe the engine. The amount of torque you get from that is crazy. Its almost as good as putting an expansion chamber on the engine. It wont blow your engine up either, but Id run just barely more oil, and high octane gas. If that doesnt 300% fix it. drill a 1/4in hole the back of the plastic on the carb behind the probaly sponge air filter to let in more air in. And if that doesnt fix it. Then go to a smaller jet. If it did fix it, adjust the clip again anyways to see if you get even more top end out of it. After fixing the current problems. Just straight piping the muffler will increase your torque dramatically and with these two strokes it wont hurt them anymore than the extra power of an expansion chamber. Itll shake a little less untill youre redlining the engine too
You're probably flogging a dead horse, that thread is a few years old and the OP has moved on.

Hi there! Thanks for the info. The engines we put up in the bike were cheap ones. We put together 2 more bikes and they didn't have a problem. I think it was just a bad engine. Some time after that I put together another one with an engine made in the US. It was a beast and ran flawlessly. I might put together another one in the future and will save this info for when the time comes. Thanks!

I had the same issue, so I cleaned the air filter, spaced the plug, and put the best fuel in, also 32 to 1 Honda racing 2 stroke oil. I'm running at 35mph and uphill at over 20mph on a pretty steep slope. I am in the process of putting an electric motor on the front wheel for back up.

I had the same issue, so I cleaned the air filter, spaced the plug, and put the best fuel in, also 32 to 1 Honda racing 2 stroke oil. I'm running at 35mph and uphill at over 20mph on a pretty steep slope. I am in the process of putting an electric motor on the front wheel for back up.
I will be curious to know how well that works, adding an electric motor to the front wheel. If u do, please let us know how it goes.

I'm not going to do it to this particular bike. It's too cheap. I will do it with a gas frame or a frame I build myself.

Back