Engine Trouble Loss of power???

F

filipp

So I bought a Chinese 80/66cc engine off of Ebay, and it ran fine, I got it up to 40 mph. After break-in, I changed the carb out from the stock one to the hp one, and also added a boost bottle. When I started riding, It wouldn't go above 20 mph and the acceleration was super slow compared to what it was before. When I was putting the fuel line in and turned the fuel on, it would only barely flow from the valve, and only when I moved it around. Before I upgraded to the new carb, I once accidentally rode around forgetting to turn on the fuel. All the fuel was used and the line was empty. Now, however, when I tried to see what would happen if I ride with the fuel off, It would remain inside the fuel line, and after a minute of riding the engine would accelerate like it used to, with power, for ~5 seconds and then die, as if there was no fuel, even though there was still fuel in the line. I've tried removing the boost bottle, riding without air filter for a minute, tighten all the nuts and bolts, nothing seems to help. Could anyone offer some advice??

get rid of boost bottle and hp carb - go back to when it ran better than most at 40mph

Take it over O'Reillys automotive ask to use there compression test kit if it don't read 115 PSI then your as f*** as I am cuz I just bought a motor from California Bikes ran hot for 3 days then went to bog out s**t and the f***er wont back his engines its this or its that but oh no not my engine, bulls**t compression 50% of what it should be.

But if your compressions good try your carb clean air filter the fill with oil block air flow also might be your spark plug I change plugs and got a drastic differrrence Z4C.

I know I can do that, but is there any way to fix it how it is?

yes, if nothing else is wrong, but it may be beyond your skill level - first thing to do is go back to how it was when good to see if it is still good

Take it over O'Reillys automotive ask to use there compression test kit if it don't read 115 PSI then your as f**k as I am cuz I just bought a motor from California Bikes ran hot for 3 days then went to bog out sh*t and the f***er wont back his engines its this or its that but oh no not my engine, bulls**t compression 50% of what it should be.

But if your compressions good try your carb clean air filter the fill with oil block air flow also might be your spark plug I change plugs and got a drastic differrrence Z4C.
Once again You ran the s**t out of an engine with no effort to setting it up right and you expect the vender to replace it LOL good luck with that!

Back