Loss of power.

H

HarryO4

Recently bought a used 66cc bike online. Gave it a tune up and fixed the chain brakes and new carb. I took it for a ride and the muffler fell off. Prior to that i could max out around 32mph. Ordered a new muffler and it now goes 18mph and bogs down. I took the muffler off and rode it around the block and it ran great. It topped out at 28mph but the idle was crazy high when the clutch was engaged. There are no vacume leaks and it does not appear to be running lean. Any help would be great.

My muffler fell off once made my bike sick just before a long 200 mile trip trash out just as I got back to the tip of my county.

If it ran great without the muffler it must be a problem with the muffler but I don't know what it could be. One thing I know is that these little china girl engines react well to pipes with expansion chambers.

Recently bought a used 66cc bike online. Gave it a tune up and fixed the chain brakes and new carb. I took it for a ride and the muffler fell off. Prior to that i could max out around 32mph. Ordered a new muffler and it now goes 18mph and bogs down. I took the muffler off and rode it around the block and it ran great. It topped out at 28mph but the idle was crazy high when the clutch was engaged. There are no vacume leaks and it does not appear to be running lean. Any help would be great.
Where do find those China Dolls heard a lot about them.

Wash air filter in clean gas.
Check tire pressure.
Check tires are true track your not going down the road half side wise check drive train is true too.
Check spark plug gap.
Replace spark plug.

Back