Loss of power

Kman123

Local time
6:15 PM
Hello all. On my second tank of gas. Bike ran well and had lots of power. Easily got to 20+ mph. Now i can barley get up to 10 maybe 12 mph. I checked carby for leaks and put plumbers tape ect around it to secure for leaks. Now i spray starter fluid to check for air leaks .while running and the motor stalled out? Did this several times with the same result. I am at a loss. Any ideas? Still has no power!!?

I'd think so too, but it must be getting enough to quench the spark or displace the air, or something weird like that. Spraying outside motor having an effect inside the motor means it's getting in somehow even if we don't know exactly what it's doing when it gets there.

I'd think so too, but it must be getting enough to quench the spark or displace the air, or something weird like that. Spraying outside motor having an effect inside the motor means it's getting in somehow even if we don't know exactly what it's doing when it gets there.
Will check it out thanks. Will post what i find.

clean the carb, and pop the muffler off and make sure its clear.
starting fluid, if theres a leak, will slow it down. leak=lean=high idling speed. adding fuel through leak=rich=slow idle or stall.

pretty good sign, if it stalled, that you have a leak.

other areas of concern...crank seal under the magneto. look for oil spray. easy to see.

Ei
clean the carb, and pop the muffler off and make sure its clear.
starting fluid, if theres a leak, will slow it down. leak=lean=high idling speed. adding fuel through leak=rich=slow idle or stall.

pretty good sign, if it stalled, that you have a leak.

other areas of concern...crank seal under the magneto. look for oil spray. easy to see.
Will do. Thanks for input.

Back