Lost Another Motor

If I fail at my god-like resurrection of another junk motor which kit should I buy BBR or Zeda for a good powerful engine?
I have a BBR Flying horse, bought back in 2019. The drive gear wore down quickly due to improper manufacturer assembly. Cylinder ports look terrible, cdi failed.

They overhauled their online store after 2019 and introduced new kits so maybe they are better. Heard good things about Zeda engines

I'd go with a Zeda, BBR is just rebadged eBay stuff for way too much money. Honestly, I haven't had any issues with my eBay specials once I got the gasket issues fixed with them. Those 66cc 1-piece motors are actually really good for the price. i know I ran mine daily from 100f all the way to -55F and other than the muffler breaking and the chain snapping once, I never had any real problems with it, my buddy still rides it to this day. Id estimate i put around 12 thousand miles on it and my buddy probably put another 5 lol

Hey if you get a new one and use this thing, remember to mount the engine on the bottom holes and the u-bolt to the top. I just spent all day swapping out an engine and decided to finally tighten up that front plate mount as the VERY LAST STEP and the damn u-bolt bottoms out on the engine case...

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Anyone recognize this cylinder with a name brand new won't start got spark, got gas, got air but, i ain't got it to run.

Attachments

• 20220423_154938.jpg
    20220423_154938.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 132
That gasket is all compromised.
As Chainlube said, the gasket is F.U.B.R. If you get some new gaskets that seal it'll run.
Not to mention that exhaust manifold in the picture that is totally oil soaked from a blown exhaust gasket.

Well, every 6 to 8 months the motor blows out got to order a new one.
Don't wonder that you keep going though motors so often...It's due to lack of understanding how these things work, or don't work, as exhibited by your frequent breakdowns, as well as lack of proper maintenance and simple repairs that need to be applied from time to time.

Ps...After 7 years on the forums, you already know the answers to your multitudes of problems with your builds have been discussed here on the forums many, many, times and you have not applied many of the resolutions offered to you by many seasoned pro's trying to help you over these 7 years. Your 1,913 posts seem to be more concerned about conspiracy theories about Mormon's and the lizard people and other reptilian creatures that supposedly live among us trying to take over the world than they do about getting your motors to run right.

Anyone recognize this cylinder with a name brand new won't start got spark, got gas, got air but, i ain't got it to run.
I think that's called a G4 type cylinder, that's what the last 3 cylinders I've got in look like. The open transfers are supposed to improve chamber filling, I think it's for casting ease for the factory's.

If you look at it closely you can see the angle of the roof of each transfer points to the intake which will cause the incoming charge of fuel to go towards the intake to push out the previous Burnt charge toward the exhaust.

Here’s a 48cc open transfer type. That was took before I cleaned all the paint from the ports, I break down every engine I buy to make sure everything was installed right and the ports don't have casting flaws. I've found casting slag that if left would destroy the piston and cylinder if left to break off while running. If you zoom in you will see some material on the devider between the transfers, I have since removed.

Attachments

• 7F7DD6A3-7BB6-44F3-B4B0-1340ED6F0E71.jpeg
    7F7DD6A3-7BB6-44F3-B4B0-1340ED6F0E71.jpeg
    148.6 KB · Views: 106
Back