Lost my license, looked into scooters, laughed, found motorbiking, FELL IN LOVE!

OK, I didn't want to go any further in my assumptions, but it sounds like you're in one of those states (it may be nationwide??), when they say electric in regards to someone with a DUI I believe they're meaning is one of those pre-built E-bikes; they don't give you ANY assist unless you pedal, and range costs.So you wouldn't (again this is an assumption on readings from a while back, and I'm a foggy guy) be able to buy one of those hubs and strap batteries where ever/ hit the gas and go.That being said if it wasn't that I live 20 miles from civilization I'd consider an E-bike; go to work, charge at work, tool home.
It's do-able, just going to be more expensive for a good E-bike but if you get a nice sturdy one you're halfway there when you decide to convert to petrol, and a possible nice hybrid.Another consideration, what about a push trailer?I don't know if that could squeak by since it's not actually part of the bike frame.

I built a bike for a friend that was in the same situation, he rode his eleven miles one way for six months to work. He tried to be as noticeable as possible, he always wore a fluorescent riding Jersey and d.o.t. approved helmet with reflectors and lights all around his bike. All of the bikes I've built have been 48cc because of the moped law. I have been riding mine for over a year and a half and have never been stopped. The grubee has a I.d. plate on the side cover which I leave on in case an officer looks at my bike, I have had one guy taking pictures of one of mine when I came out of a store with a soft drink. After asking could I help him he wanted to know all about it, then he shook my hand and said "that's cool ".

well its like I said i think i'll build a 48cc just because I want it. I know I can ride it on some roads for sure but its the commute that is up in the air. I doubt I will be stopped anyways but my lawyer did suggest it so i think its legit. I will call the sheriff dept trw for absolute confirmation.

Welcome to the form I found this form about 3 weeks ago because of a Drunk Driver with out insurance totaling my car.
With no way of getting another one and with the bus being 10+miles to walk and costing $125.00 a month to ride them, I going with bike berry's 4 stroke kit will be ordering it Friday.
What ever you do STAY AWAY FROM EBAY'S BOYGOFAST he has beyond bad customer service and he sells junk, To be fair most vendors are selling the same kits the difference is when you get a bad kit Boygofast just will do nothing to help you .
Most of the vendors that advertise here offer a 6 month warranty on all there kits, and has very good BBB records

Last edited:
I think you mean a 60 day warranty, some people have had problems with bgf some haven't. I have bought from him and have had good responces when something was wrong, the best thing to do to any mass produced engine is to disassemble it and see what you have.

Greg58 thank for catching the 60 but no I did not mean a 60 day but a 6 month warranty on all there kits (or at least BB does.)
I thank they even offer a 30 day money back guarantee .
As far as BGF all I can say about boygofast is how he treated me.
If you knew me you would know I'm a very easy person to please, I Have fixed more thing that was suppose to be new.
The man just would not answer my emails .
The main thing is in the vendor review area boygofast is 1 of the lowest rated vendor there are; out of 28 Reviews he has 10 at Below Average or Poor (4 Below 6 poor )to me that speak for itself.
He has a rating of 35% below average to poor, and 6 more than would judge him at just average that's more then half at average to poor rating.
How many product would you buy with a 2.5 out of 5 star rating .
myself none even a cheap product should work.
You keep dealing with him you will eventually you will be 1 of the 10.
In another 10 days I will be able to add my poor rating for boygofast to the vendor review area.

I have only one kit from bgf, everything else has been parts. I'm not defending him, I'm saying what dealings I have had with him have not been bad. I bought five kits from one of the "big distributors" that were 2010 grubees with the cns2 carb, when the plastic spacer fell apart on one in a mounth they would not do anything. They said I should try to make one, that part was not available. So I have made three so far. I wont name the company but they are probably the Bbigest.

I the future if that happens go to the BBB and file a complaint I can not say all but most of the dealers will do what ever it take to make you happy so will tell the BBB they mad you happy most will do there best to make you happy so that the BBB will not give them a bad mark for not trying to help you, this works even if they are not a member of the BBB. I'll PM you there web site to file a complaint or check on a company if a company is not listed with the BBB you can even have the BBB check them out.

That happened a year and a half ago, I was just saying that kinda stuff happens sometimes. I have no intent to do any thing.

I was having issue's with riding an MAB here in Calif. So I read post, and talked to another MAB riders, but eventually I search the DMV website until I found everything pertaining to MAB's. The truth is the laws are some what unclear from page to page, but they do actually show the Penal Codes. If you go to court stick with the under twenty mph's, and the 49cc or less knowledge.
9 out of 10 times the DMV and local Sheriff, Police, etc. are going to say no.

Back