Lots of issues need help

Jesiah89

Local time
3:50 AM
I bought a 2 stroke motorized bicycle last week and it's been nothing but problems. This is the first one I've owned so I'm sure a few of the issues are my fault (like forgetting to clutch when slowing down and breaking 2 chains already). But other issues I'm having I doubt are my fault and I have no idea how to fix them. Let's start with the engine. When I get to about 80-85% throttle it slows down and then speeds up and slows down and speeds up. When I try to give it more throttle it threatens to die on me for a few seconds then goes back to its sputtering. The other problem I have is the steel bike frame itself literally broke all the way through (picture below).
received_220758225098979.jpeg
I don't know if I should try to get it welded or get a new frame. I know better than to ride it like this but it was supposed to be my ride to work now I'm kinda screwed. The person I bought the bike from says no refunds which I think is crap but there's nothing I can do there. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Please help soon!

I'd guess the motor shaking because of that break in frame is the cause of your poor motor performance. Whether you get new frame or weld old one, put a piece of PVC in both mounts next time to avoid frame cracks.

usually (not always) when you open the throttle fully and it wants to die is a sign the main jet is too small

I'd guess the motor shaking because of that break in frame is the cause of your poor motor performance. Whether you get new frame or weld old one, put a piece of PVC in both mounts next time to avoid frame cracks.
The bike was having poor performance before the frame broke or was cracked. And how do I put PVC inside a bike frame if I get a new one. I'm new to all this I need better explainations here guys lol

What's the main jet? And how do I make it bigger or what do I do to fix this problem? I'm seeing suggestions of what could be the problem but nothing to help me fix it.
usually (not always) when you open the throttle fully and it wants to die is a sign the main jet is too small

OK, first you need to spend a few hours just reading about these things in general. The PVC goes between the motor and the frame so the motor mount doesn't have metal to metal contact with the frame. No performance issues can be addressed until the motor is tight in the frame for testing, so don't worry about that yet.

Back