lotsa_mpg's motorized bike

1548_Picture_006_4.jpg

Here's a pic of my Dax 70 cc Vagabond. Note the dual stands...I needed to add a middle one after installing mirrors, headlight, speedo, etc to the bars. The extra weight on the front of the bike made it want to fall over with just the factory rear stand. I've got close to 400 miles on this rig now and it's been reliable so far. Not even a leaking gasket and I haven't laid a wrench to any bolt since I put it together. I know I shouldn't be saying that cause it'll likely end up breaking tomorrow.

Pete

not much in the way of choke stuff. til now, anyways.

'mpg, your bolt-on tweaks are amazing, to say the least 8)

Thanks Augi...maybe I'll have to start building some brackets and puttin them on ebay :cool:

Pete

Excellent idea.... reaching down with my left to adjust the choke, while throttling with the right is a PITA!

Chopper said:
Excellent idea.... reaching down with my left to adjust the choke, while throttling with the right is a PITA!

I don't know how you guys start your engines becuase I only use a Kingsmotor engine. I give it a push, release the clutch, and the engine starts up, then pull the clutch back in quickly and idle it till its warmish. I start with choke 6/8th on, then halfway after some light revving of the engine, and full off after a few mins. I mastered starting the engine so I could do it in about 6 feet of running room. Cold days are a B**** though. After the engine is warmed enough to ride slowly (i dont run full out until about 20 mins after the engine starts.) I don't really have to touch the choke after that.

Maybe I got lucky with a good engine, cause my motor used to run past 40 no problems. Some of you told me it was impossible, but i was the one riding it, and i did check.

Great ideas. I use a bar end shifter for my clutch control. I had thought of using a single lever stem shifter off a five speed bike mounted in the same way you did your twin lever.

Nice idea psuggmog.

Do you use a custom bracket at the carby end or is yours built in?

It would be good to see a pic if it is custom.

I can see that this post is really old but it may help someone else along the way. I made a cable pull that is something of a prototype to see if i like the idea and placement. While it is in its crude form at the moment it is functional and required no welding. The machine screw that held the clamp for the intake manifold/carby was replaced with 10mm 1.25 in length bolt with the supplemental nut and washers. The bracket was dremeled and then bent to keep the cable in place, and cable stops were added to seal the deal. The choke pull itself was from a local farm supply store. I'm still a little up in the air about my growing handle bar cluster.

Attachments

• 100_0715.jpg
    100_0715.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 206
  • 100_0716.jpg
    100_0716.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 192
Back