Louisiana Motorized Bicycle Laws

Louisiana Motorized Bike Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point

Good point! The anti-bicycle people in US have tried to ban or tax bicycles and esp mo bikes in every state! If you can ninja your way around some kind of law in your state by build design, or lawyer tricks, do it and let your friends know! Mb's are some people's only way to get around, and a backup for gas price hikes and possible national scandal or disaster.

Here is what I think may be your loophole. (shortened quote) .

I have been riding my motorized bike for a few months now and so far had no issues with the police. I live in a rural area, not much traffic at all but they do drive fast. Most of the cops are mellow here as long as you look straight. If I still had long hair and a beard it might be a different story.

Register it , license it and insure it if you can or you may end up like me. Crippled , broke and without a leg to stand on. No pun intended. I was hit by a truck doing 45 to 50 mph. The driver was impaired by drugs and never saw me. Now his 10k insurance plan won't even cover one of the hospital bills and they want to charge me with driving under suspension. Just because the cops smile and wave doesn't mean they won't ticket you. Learn from my mistake. Don't let this happen to you.

If anyone knows a lawyer or legislator , even a state representative that can help us . Please talk to them. Post their name and a contact number and we can call. We need help. At least I know I do. I want to see some changes made.

America is so screwed up! The druggie driver should be in the prison, and you should be 100% free and compensated.

Yea your right Happy but it just isn't that way. I hope some how we can do somethig to get the laws in this state changed in our favor.
You would think the government would want to promote this sort of thing . Of course they have to figure a way they can make their money off the top before they will lift a finger to help us.

Agreed and agreed. Unfortunately, to be covered by insurance, we have to be among the insured, which brings on registration etc etc. Kind of a Catch 22 situation. Trying to ticket you is carp. The legal system, well meaning though it may be, does fall down when logic is applied. :confused:

Coming up with THE ANSWER, is beyond my capabilities I am afraid. Also beyond those whose business it is to come up with the answers I think.

Its beyond my capabilities too but if we all put our heads together we might come up with a solution. I hope so anyway Denny bu

If a drunk driver hits a pedestrian, the pedestrian has a right to compensation. Will pedestrians now have to buy Pedestrian Insurance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back