Low Observability Motorized Bicycle

I like the Milk-Crate rack idea! I want my crate's color to match the engine to hide it even better. I'm building a new 80cc bike MAINLY for stealth reasons! It seems to me that rack mount looks more like a bicycle, than a frame mount with a cycle gas tank!

Now a trailer was mentioned in this thread, BUT I have to say, to be LESS noticeable, DON'T use a trailer. I painted my trailer all black and quieted it down, and still get noticed, however, it's not near as bad as when it was red.

I'm keeping the trailer, but I'm building the new bike because the trailer is a bit too noticable, and I want more than 100MPG. The trailer is FINE for some people, but NOT where motored bicycles are illegal already!

I'm a newbie, and haven't even got my Dax F65 in the mail yet, but I live in PA too. I'm going to try to go to a special inspection station and get titled so I can get a plate. It's worth the piece of mind to me to be legit, besides, all the cops around here are just looking for someone to bust for something! I wanted a little more power than the 50cc limit for a "Moped" in PA, but the engine I'm getting had got no markings on it so it should work out.

Also, if Stealth was extremely important to me, I'd go with one of those electric hub mount jobbers. Practically silent and other than an unusually large front hub and a battery somewhere- it just looks like a regular bike.

Also, if Stealth was extremely important to me, I'd go with one of those electric hub mount jobbers. Practically silent and other than an unusually large front hub and a battery somewhere- it just looks like a regular bike.

I agree. However, it's more expensive than a comparable gas setup. I wanted to do that LONG before I built my trailer, but the batteries are just too expensive to afford.

Anyone asks about that hub, it's just a fancy "drum brake" LOL

as far as me my engine stands out bcause its silver if ur frame is black motor is black it makes it real hard 2 see then leaves ur gas tank

If you are using a weedeater motor try installing it on the right side of the bike. If it is out of traffic it will be harder for the police driving by to see it. Mine is under my recumbent seat and if I put it on the right side it will be almost invisible to passing cars.

Edit: Possibly an emergency disconnect so if a police man is comming you can disengage and kill the motor and keep riding till the threat is gone. From what I believe it is only a MB if the motor is running and being used. Quick thinking may be able to save you.

Last edited:
Back