Engine Trouble Low power after remounting engine to new bicycle

I tighten all four bolts back in added a gasket from my old motor and the engine runs worse now. Did the rings get messed up? How can I fix them?
As far as I can tell you haven't even looked at the rings yet but for the most part no, just removing the cylinder and putting it back on shouldn't mess up the rings unless you take a really bad turn somewhere.

Do you own a torque wrench or did you do the 'I guess it's tight' dance on the 4 diddly-doos on the top...

As far as I can tell you haven't even looked at the rings yet but for the most part no, just removing the cylinder and putting it back on shouldn't mess up the rings unless you take a really bad turn somewhere.

Do you own a torque wrench or did you do the 'I guess it's tight' dance on the 4 diddly-doos on the top...
I could take all your threads and write a"2 Stroke Frankly" book. (just sayin) You sir, are a writer indeed. A pleasure to read your stuff on here. (carry on)

Last edited by a moderator:

I did the dance. I don't have my torque wrench with me atm The piston seems harder to move up and down now that I have put everything back together

I did the dance. I don't have my torque wrench with me atm The piston seems harder to move up and down now that I have put everything back together
Well then all operations are to be shut down, somebody throw a wrench in those gears over there.

You'll want at least that wrench before proceeding, if you can't at least guarantee your nuts even then I don't have the balls to diagnose the problem. Sorry.

Well then all operations are to be shut down, somebody throw a wrench in those gears over there.

You'll want at least that wrench before proceeding, if you can't at least guarantee your nuts even then I don't have the balls to diagnose the problem. Sorry.
I can guarantee the problem lies with the piston and or rings.. It's very rough and hard to move the piston now. 100% different from before I disassembled it.

I can guarantee the problem lies with the piston and or rings.. It's very rough and hard to move the piston now. 100% different from before I disassembled it.
Let me give it some deep thought......
10295773_666484486734449_7721679541018903728_n.jpg

Back