Low power theory

INTP_ty

Local time
8:17 AM
Swapped carb, exhaust, magneto, transformer core thingy, CSI, replaced all gaskets.

What else could it be?

HT

Timing, port height, ports too small or any number of things. I bought two of the same engines, from the same vendor, at the same time and one had a significantly different cylinder. Ports were smaller and port timing was different. Ignition timing also varies from one engine to another.

Last edited:
Perform a compression test and measure the clearance between the piston and head.

(Measure the clearance to see if the compression could / should be raised, or if not then perhaps the compression test measurement indicates another problem, like leaking crank seals.)

Last edited:
D6948C57-CEA8-45A6-9D04-C782CC127B3F.jpeg

Any see a possi-prob-alt faulty bearing? I removed the crankcase bearing rubber seal. Did the soapy water test and it bubbled.

It kind of looks square in there lol. ~60mi

Not sure if that's just camera angle making that bearing look weird. Is their any play in the crank? From what you said you did the soapy water test after you removed the seal and saw bubbles. The test is supposed to be done with the seal in place. After all the seal is what your testing. If you just miss typed, their is no play in the crank, and you actually did the test with the seal in place when you saw the bubbles, then put in a new seal. Again it could just be camera angle or my old eyes, but it looks like their is no gasket under the jug.

B17EF72F-ABFB-4089-BC1D-E2F74A020EBE.jpeg
FC246C4B-9592-4A46-BE33-7C9935EDA36D.jpeg

I did have the rubber seal in when I performed the soapy water test. Lol, next time I won’t make grammatical reference:)

Edit: I swapped bearings with some TNT’s I found locally. Seals were still in tact. I just finished it up & took it up the road. Damn, still no power.

Last edited:
Back