low power

It all depends on when it shuts off the fuel flow. If you think it is starving for fuel bend them up a little which will let more fuel in the bowl. Keep doing this until it starts to leak or you problem is solved. If your problem is not solved and it is leaking it is something else.

Thanks Bronzebird and Ghost0... I will try that in the morning. Getting late here now. will let you all know how everything goes.

Last edited:
you could check you mixture needle setting. http://www.motoredbikes.com/showpost.php?p=57968&postcount=1

did you ever find out why your other carb was leaking??
my guess is your float doesn't float. check to see if the float has fuel inside of it.

Hi dave... I missed your note... No I never found out why the other carburetor was leaking. I have someone here in TN who is going to look at it for me. If I can get the same power it used to have without the leaking I will go for that.

I don't know if this makes sense or not but I tried this. I opened the choke up almost halfway. When I did this it filled the bowl with gas but did not change the power problem I seem to be having. In fact I could not tell any difference for the most part. I don't really want to bend the prongs if I don't have too. Any other ideas? I bought a new spark plug today and that did not help.

edit: My carburetor prongs have a full range of motion that is all the way up and all the way down and does not stick.

Last edited:
I seem to be having the opposite problem... A HT-73, running amock. Once I get it started, it runs fine, till I go out for a run.. Once I slow for a stop, as soon as I disengage the clutch, the motor revs up, stays like that for more than a few minutes, then stalls-out. Now, I seem to remember, from dealing with an old Wheelhorse lawn mower, that 2-cycle engines tend to rev-up when they're beginning to run low on fuel, just before they shut-down from starvation. Then, it's difficult to start again unless I choke it.

I've stripped the carb down completely, flushing out every orifice with carb cleaner, a 22-gauge copper wire in any small hole I could find, but it still runs this way.. Very frustrating! ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know if this makes sense or not but I tried this. I opened the choke up almost halfway. When I did this it filled the bowl with gas but did not change the power problem I seem to be having. In fact I could not tell any difference for the most part. I don't really want to bend the prongs if I don't have too. Any other ideas? I bought a new spark plug today and that did not help.

edit: My carburetor prongs have a full range of motion that is all the way up and all the way down and does not stick.

little hard for you to get the picture

those prongs -- we just wish not to bend at times
but --
if we do not give it a try -- we will never know

note -- prongs (never knew what they were called) can always be bent back
it's possibly not about your float sticking
is that bowl staying near full under load ???

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

little hard for you to get the picture

those prongs -- we just wish not to bend at times
but --
if we do not give it a try -- we will never know

note -- prongs (never knew what they were called) can always be bent back
it's possibly not about your float sticking
is that bowl staying near full under load ???

Ride That Thing - Mountainman

Hi Mountain Man,

I've been getting more used to the workings of the carburetor and have come up with the following idea; My problem is not my carburetor, it must be my engine or something (oh no). So here's my question to everyone, If it's not the carb, what else would cause the loss of power symptom?

Thanks for the help everyone,
cd

edit: I found out that it was not the carb by trying out 3 different carbs and getting the same results.

Last edited:
Back