Lower your Seat.

F

fetor56

Use your existing brackets that connect with the 2 seat rails and simply turn these brackets upside-down.
You should gain around 1" (possibly more) in seat height.

standard.JPG

lowered.JPG

trek.JPG

I got that mountain bike type seat clamp with that allen bolt going straight vertical up that's supposed to tighten everything down. It get's loose a whole lot. So I fixed it. I used my stem mount rear rack and brought my rack back. Overall it's extremely rigid. You can't move it at all. And it's low and it's layed back! The hardest part of this mod was getting that long bolt to the front part of my seat. I had to drill a 1 inch hole then wrestle the bolt in the seat then up the little hole. It was fun.Then a hose clamp for each of the mounting bars. So that bolt up front and two hose clamps. Can't get any more rigid.
Do you ever just stare at your bike sometimes? Earlier I caught myself staring at my bike for almost 2 hours,me just in a daze. It's weird,man.

Attachments

• 1front.JPG
    1front.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 380
  • 2hose clamps.JPG
    2hose clamps.JPG
    188.5 KB · Views: 364
"Do you ever just stare at your bike sometimes?".....it's called "ogling time",and if i ever built these bikes for a living i'de have to put that on my quote............ogling time $X?. :)

This is my current seat mod. It's a bit tacky yes but it's the ideal seat position. At least it's pretty comfy.

Picture 1.jpg

But today I did a long ride and after a while it started to hurt a bit.
Then I looked at my stored away trailer pusher trike project:

Picture 2.jpg

And thought " Well I won't need that seat on there."

Then I sat on it. It cradles my behind rather well....

Okay. Comfort before beauty pretty much has been my rule when it came to Moop. But I'm afraid when Moop is parked and people see my bike,they may think DA%$! This dude must be FAT!

What should I do?

What should I do?

This is my current seat mod. It's a bit tacky yes but it's the ideal seat position. At least it's pretty comfy.

View attachment 6192

But today I did a long ride and after a while it started to hurt a bit.
Then I looked at my stored away trailer pusher trike project:

View attachment 6193

And thought " Well I won't need that seat on there."

Then I sat on it. It cradles my behind rather well....

Okay. Comfort before beauty pretty much has been my rule when it came to Moop. But I'm afraid when Moop is parked and people see my bike,they may think DA%$! This dude must be FAT!

What should I do?

What should I do?
Think of your arse first BUT have the best of both worlds....get that super comfy metal seat upholstered.See if u can retain the holes cos they make it look different & also double as emergency release valves. ;)
PS...if u want u can only use that metal seat for REALLY long trips,when who gives a eff.

Comfort before beauty, besides which if you ugly it up enough, no one will be as apt to steal it!

D00D...

My grandpa welded one of his old tractor seats to a pole with three solid legs... and it'd didn't look like it, but it was the most comfortable seat I've sat on 'til today. I was a kid sitting in that thing... it's just universal for all butts.

This has definitely become priority #1 for me, but it's prolly gonna end up being the last thing I do.

Back