Lower your Seat.

Yea it gets pretty close to my family there.
But check this out. That post would turn into a mounting spot.
I mean does it really look that bad? I'll have to devise a better mount and maybe some springing if I'm gonna commit to this.
Maybe a flame job paint would be fly.

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 244
Yup, there's no way around it. It's not exactly good looking. But it looks comfortable. If I had it and it felt good to ride, then I'd say to heck with what anyone else thinks. But the upholstering idea is a good one. You might find the middle ground that way.

....thinking about it a bit...what if you got your hands on a throw away sofa cushion, cut to fit, and come up with some kind of water-proof covering. An old windbreaker, also cut to fit and fastened, treated with scotch-gaurd. Cost would be practically zero.

Last edited:
Yea it's way too big and I find now the pedals get in the way and if I bring it back further to clear my pedaling I can't reach my handlebars lol.
I thought about that too,upholstering something to go over that rack.
That Wal Mart seat has NO SPRING. Don't let that spring looking thing fool you. It does NOTHING.

Yea it gets pretty close to my family there.
But check this out. That post would turn into a mounting spot.
I mean does it really look that bad? I'll have to devise a better mount and maybe some springing if I'm gonna commit to this.
Maybe a flame job paint would be fly.

So, I really wanna do this, Large.

How did you mount it anyway?
How impossible is pedaling?
If it's too difficult, do you think a special post could be made to push or tilt it in a more suitable position?
Would a full suspension bike be enough for the springy action you need in the rear, or the bum??

I kinda held off on it for now but I figured I could skoot the seat back enough to clear the pedals and if I shorten the pedals that would add to the clearance too,then I need to change that rear rack to one that attaches to the axle too as well as the seat post. It's actually a bit dangerous cause it gets really close to the tire when I get my weight on there.
I'm gonna do it. It's just that I'm having so much fun on Cronus lately that it's become not so priority right now.
But stay tuned. It will happen...eventually.

This is a weird web site http://www.obviousengineering.com/ but they use the tractor seat idea.
"Did you ever wonder why a farmer can sit in a hard, stamped metal seat all day while
he plows his fields? it's because the weight of his body is distributed over the
large area of the seat. No padding at all! This simple and obvious concept was
the driving force behind THE PARK BENCH BIKE SEAT"

When I was a kid, one place we hunted had an old tractor seat nailed out on a big tree branch. That metal seat got really dang cold, other than thatit was comfy.

I love the claim on their ebay store:

IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER-The bike seat horn (part of the seat that protrudes from the front of the seat) is used during strenuous riding to help both steer the bicycle and keep the rider on the seat. The CLOUD-9 seat does not have this feature and is therefore not intended for this type of exertion riding. It is intended for casual or leisurely riding.

I used to ride with no hands quite a bit, so I definitely used the horn to steer & I took wider turns too... but I just might have to try out that Park Bench seat.

Is there any other bike seat that's 14" or wider?? I doubt it, but I'm all ears.

Back