lowrider turned drag bike...done

Well, i got my lowrider-turned-drag bike build all finished (except for a couple of little detail items that i'm waiting on.)
Got the new exhaust all welded together (a spooky tooth expansion chamber, with a modified baffle and a chrome turn out.) wrapped the exhaust with header wrap to give it a little more of a racey look.
Added a new set of chrome grips too.
one of the detail items that i'm waiting for (custom vinyl chain guard decals made by a friend of mine...not sure which one to use yet).
stickers.jpg

drag2.jpg

drag6.jpg

drag7.jpg

drag1.jpg

drag3.jpg

I got my chain guard decals today (they are vinyl).
I chose this one and put it on. here's how it looks.
chainguard1.jpg

Look at the metallic in the purple.
chainguard2.jpg

Great build, you sure captured the ' look of the era ' I would suggest adding a strap to exhaust, to thwart lateral movement. Race Car Guys have stainless band clamps to secure heat wrap to headers. Did you weld anything to frame ?
Thanks for posting such a sweet ride

Great build, you sure captured the ' look of the era ' I would suggest adding a strap to exhaust, to thwart lateral movement. Race Car Guys have stainless band clamps to secure heat wrap to headers. Did you weld anything to frame ?
Thanks for posting such a sweet ride

no, i didn't weld anything to the frame.
I still need to make a hanger for the exhaust to help support the weight of it, and I used stainless "safety" wire to hold the wrap to the exhaust.

Back