Lucky me!

To be honest I didn't know they came in different sizes. It's a manual clutch, though I was thinking about changing to a centrifugal clutch sometime in the future. I'm hoping that my modified upgrade will have enough power to pull me up the hills I encounter. (I don't necessarily plan on riding up Alba Road.) I would prefer to keep the higher gearing for more speed potential.

Hi Smitty . If yours is manual its got to be 90mm. have you bumped the compression yet, stock is about 90psi with throddle plate wide open. Bill Green Vancouver Whizzer

Upgraded!
Recently I've been working on upgrading to a modified NE cylinder, reworked by Quenton Guenther. Even though it still has some bugs to work out, I can already feel lots more power. The experience has been great, and dealing with Quenton has been wonderful. He's patient, knowledgeable, and generous. Two thumbs up. If I had more thumbs I'd offer them too. Highly recommended!

Quenton has been very good to me also. He will go the extra mile to make sure you are happy with his services. I totally agree. Highly recommended!! He will help you get the bugs out.

Jim

Today I finally got the biggest bugs out of the engine upgrade. I could tell it had way more power potential, but it didn't want to accelerate. It seemed to sputter and miss fire. then I replaced the exhaust insert, and suddenly I had power to spare! At about 1/3 throttle I was going 30mph. Yow!
Now the belts want to slip with any uphill, (or on the flats when I try to accelerate. I've been applying belt dressing, which helps, but it seems that I need to apply it often. Next on the list is a belt tensioner.
Thank you, Quenton Guenther! It's a real pleasure to work with someone so eager to help. ( All of you folks for that matter!)
Owning this motored bike has been all the more fun having people to share it with. (Wifey really just tolerates it.)
Thanks again to everyone thats had anything to say.
Now if I could find someone to ride with......

Now my Quenton modified NE upgrade has about 120 miles on it. I keep messing with the belts to try to minimize the slipping, and have it at it's best so far. Today I opened up the throttle on a level stretch of road and it ran smooth as silk to a speed of about 45 mph. I say "about 45 mph" because the speedometer only goes to 40mph. Man, what fun!
I'm thinking now maybe I'll put my electronic speedometer on the Whizzer just to corroberate the Whizzer speedo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speedo

Hi Smitty, the NE speedo is chrome steel can, much nicer, reads up to 50 mph your cable and drive unit on the wheel should work fine, you would only need the head.

Mike

Today I finally got the biggest bugs out of the engine upgrade. I could tell it had way more power potential, but it didn't want to accelerate. It seemed to sputter and miss fire. then I replaced the exhaust insert,

What do you mean exhaust insert? Do you mean the baffle thing that goes in the end of the pipe?

Mine was missing when I bought the bike. Could that be a reason *sometimes* my upgraded motor pops and misses?

Dallas

Ok, I'll pick-up a baffle. What about the hesitation and cut out just after I start it (hot or cold) and when it's under load (up a hill, etc..)? Any ideas there? It otherwise runs like a champ.

Sorry to hi-jack the thread!

Dallas

Back