M48 rebuild no start

The only way to adjust the timing is to move the key on the crank, so if the crank and/or flywheel has worn down the key then the timing will be off.
The spark you showed in the video was a nice strong spark, I see no reason way it won't run.
Turn off the fuel and try starting to get rid of the rich condition, leave the fuel off and put a small amount of fuel in the throat of the carb and try to start it that way. If you get it to pop off a couple times, then you know the timing is good and the issue is fuel relat
I'm going to try that. I did change the jet twice and fuels pouring out both times even with the valve off

I'm going to try that. I did change the jet twice and fuels pouring out both times even with the valve off
What do mean, by fuel pouring out? It runs fuel out of carb when you turn your fuel valve on? If it's a vacuum actuated shut off valve, a lot of times people will poke a hole in the diaphragm to make sure it is always getting fuel.

With the valve closed, does fuel come out of the hose if you take it off the carb? You might have to drain the fuel bowl on the carb before you do the test.

With the valve closed, does fuel come out of the hose if you take it off the carb? You might have to drain the fuel bowl on the carb before you do the test.
Nono. Sorry I had a long night last night. What I wanted to say was that when I changed out the jet gas was coming out of the bowl. When I shut off the valve nothing comes out so I know that's working that's actually new.
I did change out the slide recommended a while ago from someone over at moped army. I have a sha 1515 carb and new gasket in there.
Il take a picture of the carb in a bit.
I think it's a timing issue.

Just did a compression test. Throttle wide open, I'm only getting 40 PSI

I'm going to see if I can get another tester This one might be bad it has bad reviews

Attachments

• 20221226_153804.jpg
    20221226_153804.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 20221226_153748.jpg
    20221226_153748.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 52
  • 20221226_153740.jpg
    20221226_153740.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 59
If the plug is wet all the time then the float is stuck or the float needle, it just lets in too much fuel.

Shut off the fuel and drain the carb bowl, kick it over a bunch of times to clear the cylinder then try just a small squirt of fuel in the carb throat and see if she will fire,

I did what you said and it started but it dies. Even though I opened up the valve. It runs with the choke on I think I have to up jet. Merry Christmas

65 jet starts right up but idles very high. I removed the throttle cable from the grip just to make sure it's not stuck I don't think it is.

Back