MAB's obsolete soon?????

You might as well use the electrcal power used to dissociate the
water with to get the hydrogen for running the car, to drive it with directly! .That will have an efficiency of about 90%.The IC engine does may be 25/30 % at best.

You forgot about a Congress full of pin heads that have put the worlds third largest oil supply off limits. There is no oil shortage just a great climate hoax.

You eurocentrics never cease to amaze me. The US is bigger than most of Europe and were a mobile society, to drive from NY to TX is like driving from London to Istanbul. Low fuel prices have made our choices of travel to be geared towards big safe comfy rides but believe me the US economy will adapt to these high fuel prices and change peoples atittudes. Another big problem cheap fuel has caused is the lack of a national rail system designed to transport people like euro has. In time all this will change just because of high fuel prices.

You eurocentrics never cease to amaze me. The US is bigger than most of Europe and were a mobile society, to drive from NY to TX is like driving from London to Istanbul. Low fuel prices have made our choices of travel to be geared towards big safe comfy rides but believe me the US economy will adapt to these high fuel prices and change peoples atittudes. Another big problem cheap fuel has caused is the lack of a national rail system designed to transport people like euro has. In time all this will change just because of high fuel prices.

It's actually about 200 miles more to get to istanbul, which is a pretty decent distance.

The links I provided showed pretty well that American cars are not safer just because they're bigger. Our infrastructure has been mismanaged because of cheap fuel and consumer desires in terms of size. We're very much not a mobile society at all because of our cars. Europe allows fairly cheap mass travel anywhere and in the US it's either a plane or a car. The Paris - London track runs about 2 hours, and most larger cities have amazing train lines.

Edit: And I'm not a eurocentric. I just believe that when I see things made better somewhere else you don't ignore it because it's not your country. You adapt and learn from it.

I love America, I just wish we were smarter at certain things and that we thought long and hard about how we live.

Mugrim, I agree, Europe is a wonderful place. Go there Mugrim, for a long visit and let me know where you are, I'll forward your mail.

Mugrim, I agree, Europe is a wonderful place. Go there Mugrim, for a long visit and let me know where you are, I'll forward your mail.

I've gone on long visits elsewhere...every country I've gone to seems to really place an importance on infrastructure. We don't. I don't understand why wanting to adopt more efficient practices is considered "Eurocentric". Asia, latin america, africa, russia, australia, and europe all do it. America has a great deal of excess which is good, but it's led us to a point where we're very stuck the second gas isn't cheap. Current estimates say that gas will reach 6 dollars a gallon by the end of the year based on crude oil production times and current supply.

We have serious energy problems in America, we waste more energy than many other countries that produce similar amounts. Our cars could easily double in gas milage like much of the rest of the world, but instead our answer is we should drill for more oil?

I love this country, which is why I don't want us to waste oil at the rates we currently do. Most other places have realized the efficiency in large vehicle rentals (Like Home Depot) while using MAB's, scooters, and small cars for regular commuter travel.

I'm not in debt but technically without debt our monetary system as it's set up now wouldn't "work." I was just pointing out that profit has and always will be a dirty word as it only really benefits a very small and select group of people. The rest of us just get more unsustainable systems out of our control that we work harder to afford every day. I will never be in debt because for the most part I despise people who complain about their bills all the time yet want to buy every toy of convenience and trinket imaginable. The MAB for me will never go obsolete because, to me, its a symbol of freedom.

Don't think just because I'm young I'm a naive fool like most people twice my age.

Profit benefits everyone and I'm sorry to say this but Karl Marx was wrong. Don't worry, you're young, you'll get over it.

Most people in this country have jobs, jobs working for someone else. Don't complain about your job because it's your choice if you stay there. The point is, people have these jobs because their employer believes he can make a profit through their labor. Without a profit motive, no one would be employed, no job, no car, house, bicycle,food, electricity, in other words instant third world.

One final word about the communist college professors, many of you young people follow around like a puppy. Those that can, do - those that can't, teach.

Back