Mag wheels compatibility Q

Txsandman

Local time
2:13 AM
Ok so I bought the bikeberry heavy duty mag wheel set, which comes with a sprocket. previously I was using 36 tooth performance bbr sprocket adapter.

Question: is there a way to use bbr adapter and sprocket on my new mag wheelset?

It looks like those wheels need a disc brake mount adapter.

The hub adaptor cant be used,take the gear that came with the mag wheel and line it up with the 36t gear and transfer the disk break bolt pattern to it and drill the holes!

Depending on the frame you have you may need to make a adapter to space the sprocket in so the chain clears the chain stays. Adapters are probably for sale now but when I was doing it I had to make my own. The center hole of the sprocket will need to be large enough to slip over the disc mounting surface on the hub.

I can't argue against graded bolts, still with 9 6mm bolts we are talking about a 66cc shearing 54mm of steel. That is 21/8 inches.

the ones that come with the mags that the gear is mounted with are soft mild steel crap from china I didn't trust them!

Also to be honest all the ones I have seen the disk break bolt pattern they use to mount the gear is not centered properly. On mine i filled the original holes with jb weld and re drilled and taped it for proper concentricity for both my drive gear and disk rotor.

Good information. this is the sprocket in question

Attachments

• 1480690088871-831311034.jpg
    1480690088871-831311034.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 304
Oh man sorry I forgot how big the center hole was!So you cant transfer the bolt pattern to that gear, bike berry has an adapter for use of those gears on disk hub or mz parts have a straight gear for disk hub mounting in 36t available both are like 20 bucks each.

Back