Mag Wheels

Hello friends:
I'm considering getting some mag wheels for my 2 stroke GT build. When I first built it I was planning on getting a shift kit so I got a 7 speed rear hub and derailleur. I figured I could easily slap the shift kit on when I was ready to buy it, however since then I put a reed valve on which seems to give me excellent acceleration without the gears. So now I'm considering buying some mag wheels and going with a single gear on the peddle side. I've been looking at these bikeberry ones. I don't usually buy from bikeberry but I was wondering if anyone has tried these or might have any recommendations for different ones. Anything special I should look for with these things? Also, can I easily put different size sprockets on these mag wheels? I want one that can handle up to 3 inch wide tires.

https://www.bikeberry.com/engine-ki...-duty-motorized-bike-mag-wheel-set-black.html
The bikeberry mags aren't that bad I have a bbr tank in frame bike that comes with the bikes.
The only problem I've had is that those wheels don't work well with caliper type brakes they work great with disc brakes the caliper breaks cause the wheel to flex side to side .
Other than that I really love them no spokes to adjust very simple wheel as long as you run disc brakes

gary55

Yep. On top of the flex they also have paint on the area that the pads run which makes them squeal bad. If you do go with V brakes on the rear you might want to mount the mag on the bike without the tire with it lifted off the ground and run it while holding some emery cloth to the braking surface to remove the paint. This may not be the case with the bikeberry rims, but the angel rollers mags need this. Oddly the red mags needed paint removed and the black ones were already surfaced.

Yep. On top of the flex they also have paint on the area that the pads run which makes them squeal bad. If you do go with V brakes on the rear you might want to mount the mag on the bike without the tire with it lifted off the ground and run it while holding some emery cloth to the braking surface to remove the paint. This may not be the case with the bikeberry rims, but the angel rollers mags need this. Oddly the red mags needed paint removed and the black ones were already surfaced.
So that's what that squealing noise was thought it was my neighbors whining lol

gary55

Update: Eric from Imperial Cycles just e-mailed me indicating that these fat tire mag wheels won't fit on my GT2-A Skyhawk frame! I'm so bummed, those would have been perfect! I could have even kept my gears on the peddle side. Oh well, it looks like the HY 22s are my only option.
If you ever wanted to use the fat imperial mags on a future build with a diff. frame they might fit the original grubee frames cause they come with both 135mm or 150mm drop outs. You could probably get away with a 2mm spread of the chain stays , and the grubee frames will fit a 3" tire.
To run the 3" tire you would need to figure a way to offset the engine for chain clearance. Probably to much trouble just for mags and fat tires along with needing a top hat for the rear sprocket.

Will'smotobikes19

Street Ryderz

Yep, I decided to just get them, I just pulled the trigger on them and I ordered a 36T sprocket with the 6 hole mount here-->https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Hole-36T-Rear-Sprocket-For-49cc-50cc-60cc-80cc-Motorised-Bicycle-Push-Bike/263385478976?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I will probably have to use Gary's trick on them too I bet.
Do your self a favor and get these to go with the mag's they will last a long time with no issues!https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-BICYCLE-MAG-WHEEL-AXLE-SET-WITH-BEARINGS-AND-NUTS/283158810449?hash=item41ed948f51:g:PtoAAOSwSSNbmtz1

gary55

This is what I get for not asking advice and rushing headlong into a fix for something I saw as a problem. I wana say thanks ol buddy ol pal, but I never asked. I'm on my last angel roller and I'm not really impressed by these frames so I'm not going to buy any more as spec. builds, but if someone asks for 1 or just wanted mags I would buy this axle kit before going thru all the bullsh*t I've been doing.