Mag Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. On top of the flex they also have paint on the area that the pads run which makes them squeal bad. If you do go with V brakes on the rear you might want to mount the mag on the bike without the tire with it lifted off the ground and run it while holding some emery cloth to the braking surface to remove the paint. This may not be the case with the bikeberry rims, but the angel rollers mags need this. Oddly the red mags needed paint removed and the black ones were already surfaced.

Yep. On top of the flex they also have paint on the area that the pads run which makes them squeal bad. If you do go with V brakes on the rear you might want to mount the mag on the bike without the tire with it lifted off the ground and run it while holding some emery cloth to the braking surface to remove the paint. This may not be the case with the bikeberry rims, but the angel rollers mags need this. Oddly the red mags needed paint removed and the black ones were already surfaced.
So that's what that squealing noise was thought it was my neighbors whining lol

Update: Eric from Imperial Cycles just e-mailed me indicating that these fat tire mag wheels won't fit on my GT2-A Skyhawk frame! I'm so bummed, those would have been perfect! I could have even kept my gears on the peddle side. Oh well, it looks like the HY 22s are my only option.
If you ever wanted to use the fat imperial mags on a future build with a diff. frame they might fit the original grubee frames cause they come with both 135mm or 150mm drop outs. You could probably get away with a 2mm spread of the chain stays , and the grubee frames will fit a 3" tire.
To run the 3" tire you would need to figure a way to offset the engine for chain clearance. Probably to much trouble just for mags and fat tires along with needing a top hat for the rear sprocket.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yep, I decided to just get them, I just pulled the trigger on them and I ordered a 36T sprocket with the 6 hole mount here-->https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Hole-36T-Rear-Sprocket-For-49cc-50cc-60cc-80cc-Motorised-Bicycle-Push-Bike/263385478976?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
I will probably have to use Gary's trick on them too I bet.
Do your self a favor and get these to go with the mag's they will last a long time with no issues!https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-...810449?hash=item41ed948f51:g:PtoAAOSwSSNbmtz1
s-l225.webp
s-l225.webp

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Do your self a favor and get these to go with the mag's they will last a long time with no issues!https://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-...810449?hash=item41ed948f51:g:PtoAAOSwSSNbmtz1
s-l225.webp
s-l225.webp
This is what I get for not asking advice and rushing headlong into a fix for something I saw as a problem. I wana say thanks ol buddy ol pal, but I never asked. I'm on my last angel roller and I'm not really impressed by these frames so I'm not going to buy any more as spec. builds, but if someone asks for 1 or just wanted mags I would buy this axle kit before going thru all the bulls**t I've been doing.

This is what I get for not asking advice and rushing headlong into a fix for something I saw as a problem. I wana say thanks ol buddy ol pal, but I never asked. I'm on my last angel roller and I'm not really impressed by these frames so I'm not going to buy any more as spec. builds, but if someone asks for 1 or just wanted mags I would buy this axle kit before going thru all the bullsh*t I've been doing.
I was doing the same thing brother! MZ just got these nicely done upgraded ones and as you said worth it instead of messing around fitting sleeve's.I am curious about your flex theory with mags?I use the hy 22's and carry pretty good speeds through the corners and find that the tire's shoulder and side wall will flex and woble the rear long before the rim could flex, and now have hit many a unwanted bump in the road LOL and two almost three season's later they are still true. I have Schwalbe fat franks on atm and they are at 70 p.s.i. ride and ware nicly too btw.Cheaper than the hook worm's and just a bit smaller and better fit to the mag rim at 2.35 chain clearance aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back