Mag Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows only 3 available already. Looks like they are selling well and they are bumping up prices to get the most out of the last few!

Tempting for the price but I really want a 3-4" rear tire for my next build since I want it to be a "muscle bobber" inspired build, kind of like a V-Max. Might end up selling a kidney for those imperial fat mags :(.

mags are getting more popular. I wonder if the forums have anything to do with that :unsure:

mags are getting more popular. I wonder if the forums have anything to do with that :unsure:
I'm pretty sure there is still mixed feelings about mag's,there are many folks whom have had problems with them due to not doing proper setup or using quick release axles that wont hold up to being motorized.

Update: Okay, I got the wheels, the axle kit and the 36 T sprocket and I'm ready to put it all together. You can call me an idiot but how do you get the old axles off?? I removed the outer screws and then 2 inner screws, then a rubber seal on both sides, but how does the axle come out? Do I need a special tool to remove it?

Last edited:
Update: Okay, I got the wheels, the axle kit and the 36 T sprocket and I'm ready to put it all together. You can call me an idiot but how do you get the old axles off?? I removed the outer screws and then 2 inner screws, then a rubber seal on both sides, but how does the axle come out? Do I need a special tool to remove it?
If the axle is shoulderless it will pull right through the bearings. If the axle is not pulling out it may have a shoulder on it in which case their is no need to remove it. So if you try pushing it side to side and it is tight you are good to go.

If the axle is shoulderless it will pull right through the bearings. If the axle is not pulling out it may have a shoulder on it in which case their is no need to remove it. So if you try pushing it side to side and it is tight you are good to go.

They must have a shoulder because I can hear it hitting something that stops it when I try to pull the axles out or push them through. So it sounds like I didn't really need to purchase the axle kit. That they fixed the problem with the bearings burning out on the new mags maybe? I guess I can hold on to the kit as a spare, but there still must be a way to remove the axles.

Last edited:
They must have a shoulder because I can hear it hitting something that stops it when I try to pull the axles out or push them through. So it sounds like I didn't really need to purchase the axle kit. That they fixed the problem with the bearings burning out on the new mags maybe? I guess I can hold on to the kit as a spare, but there still must be a way to remove the axles.
It's possible that they used a stepped (shouldered) axel in the latest mag's,The bearing is fitted in the hub and would need to be pushed out using one side of the axel's shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back